Thread: Beretta M9-22

GOOD LUCK SHOOTING THE M9-22
    Without the Adjustable Rear Sight.

My pistol is a Dog!
    Shoots 1+" Low consistently...

Beretta dropped the ball
    By Not putting the same Adjustable Rear Sight
    On the M9-22,
    That is currently on there Practice Kit.

I did swap out the #2 front sight for the #1
    That was in the box.
    About a 1/2" difference
    At 7 yds.

Still 1+" LOW...

BUY THE PRACTICE KIT..

Grey Wolf,
    Changing the #2 sight to the #1 helped me slightly,
    My gun still shoots 1+" Low...

Beretta should have put on the Adjustable Rear Sight,
    The ones they currently sell WONT WORK,
    STEEL SLIDE vs. ALuminum (UMAREX)
    Good Luck!

Any regular Beretta 92 rear sight will fit in the dovetail. I polished up (got it shiny where it would rub) a Novak .305 and slid it in with my sight mover tool with no problem. I want to shoot over the top of the front sight. I might go to a .320 - need more range time.

M9_22 Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by R. Bennett View Post
    Hi hufnagel,
    I’m Rafe Bennett, VP Product Marketing at Beretta USA. I'm a long time fan of and lurker on this forum. Your thread got me to register so I can try to provide some info here.

First - Thanks for your purchase and review of the M9_22! Our goal was to develop the best possible replica of the Beretta M9 / 92 at a reasonable price. From dimensions to magazine capacity to the means of assembly and dis-assembly we hope we have done this.

Next I'll try to address some of the questions -
    Threaded barrels: We have one on the way that can be dropped into the M9_22 pistol. It should be available in the next couple months once they arrive from Germany. We’re also developing suppressor sights for it.
    Barrel construction: As noted it is a solid steel barrel. This is one of the key quality points that delivers durability and accuracy on this pistol. While in theory you could thread it, I would recommend waiting for the threaded accessory barrel which should be slightly longer to prevent any suppressor to slide interference.
    Holster fit: The external dimensions are identical to an M9 / 92FS so holster fit should be the same. We even use the standard Beretta grip panels on the M9_22 so you can customize to just about any aftermarket M9 / 92FS grips you like.
    Malfunctions (per photo). Please let us know what kind of ammo you were using. We will feed it back to R&D and see if we can duplicate it.
    Missing Safety lever: Please contact our customer service team and they will either arrange to get your pistol back for replacement or send you replacement parts which ever you like. I will tell them to expect your call / e-mail. They can be reached at 1-800-BERETTA or online at http://www.berettausa.com/en-us/service/
    I hope this is helpful info. Thanks for the review and feedback on the M9_22!
    Sincerely,
    Rafe
    Greetings Mr. Rafe Benett,

Do you have any idea when the 15 round 22 LR magazine for the M9 will become available? I just got my M9_22 2 weeks ago and I want to have several magazines for my guns available when going to the firing range. Loading a single magazine just takes time and eats up my time at the range. I just couldn't find any alternative out there so I'm relying on Beretta to provide the magazines. Thank you.

Ed

Just an update for everyone else. I went looking for info on spare mags and came across this...

M9-22 Spare Magazines
    Answer ID 1023 | Published 02/25/2016 12:32 PM | Updated 02/25/2016 02:35 PM
    How can I obtain a spare magazine for my Beretta M9-22?
    The part numbers for the magazines are:

519.61 for the M9/M9A1 22LR Magazine in 10 Round Capacity
    519.60 for the M9/M9A1 22LR Magazine in 15 Round Capacity

These magazines should become available in Mid-March 2016 and can be ordered through Brownells, Inc.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by PlinkertinMan View Post
    Beretta dropped the ball
    By Not putting the same Adjustable Rear Sight
    On the M9-22,
    That is currently on there Practice Kit.
    Dunno about that. My "practice kit", with the supplied adjustable rear sight bottomed-out, still shoots HIGH… on both our M9 Commercial and Wilson Brig Tac lowers. I intend to replace that adjustable sight with a standard M9 fixed rear sight; just haven't gotten around to it yet.

BTW, both of the supplied magazines with my "practice kit" also allow the top round to pop up if inserted vigourously with the slide locked back. I bought two more mags from Midway, haven'
    t tried them yet, but I suspect they will do the same.

Its a .22 play gun, for Pete's sake; and my "practice kit" is the ONLY .22 conversion kit, of any flavor, both pistol and AR carbine, I have that runs reliably with ANY 40gr or 36gr HP .22 ammunition; both high velocity and not-high velocity. The rest require Mini-Mags to keep "running"; so, gently inserting the magazine is not anything to be concerned about.

The Phallic Phailure wasn't as big a deal to me as the lever losing itself, and Beretta took care of that. I still love the gun, still love shooting it, and still have no regrets on the purchase. As soon as the mag availability issue is resolved (hopefully not costing TOO much) I'll have nothing to concern myself with, other than keeping it fed.

Would be nice if they solved the opposite-of-attention-deficit-disorder thing though.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Hello Again,

I purchased the M9-22 a few months ago.

I have over (4100) rounds thru it to date.
    I had a gunny install a beretta adjustable rear sight.
    Great Upgrade!
    " The Beretta Kit comes this way"

Ok, Review Now!

Accuracy = Excellent
    Durability = ???? " My safety ear feel off , I am not,the,Only one?
    Double action training = Excellent
    Value = Toss up ? "You can buy the Beretta Italian 92 Practice kit for almost the same $$$, and it comes with the $60 Adjustable rear sight.
    Overall All Impression:
    I Like shooting this clone,the,Most!
    I have the Glock " Advantage Arms Kit"
    Wish the Gun came with the $60 Rear sight,
    And Q.C. problems with the Safety ears falling Off!

I Would definitely have brought the Italian made Kit !
    But who knows if there are issues with them...

As stated before, This is my favorite. 22 shooter,
    Hope Beretta seeks a repair for the safety's ears fallng off, as others have the same issues...

Hey! I'm new to this forum and this will be my first post! My husband bought me the M9-22 in February. Been having issues with accuracy and noticed tonight that the slide is very loose and will "wobble" from side to side quite a bit, maybe .020 inch....mostly at the front end. The frame rail is worn about .005 inch on one side. We also have a 92FS and the slide has no loose movement at all.

Anyone else had this issue with their M9-22? Do I need to contact Beretta and see about sending it in for evaluation?

User Tag List