Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta M9-22

Mr. Bennett - thanks for responding and welcome to the forum. I'm glad to hear the Practice Kit will continue to be supported. As you can see, I'm not the only one who'd like to see a threaded barrel for the Practice Kit! I hope that the introduction of the M9A3 means factory threaded barrels for the 92 series will also become more widely available.

There's definitely Beretta interest in this forum between the various threads on the 1301, PX4 and 92 series.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

In a holding pattern; seems there was some snafu with USPS, as I haven't gotten the package yet.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Got the package today finally. USPS has done an astonishing thing... I think I could have walked from my house to Capitol Heights, MD and back again in less time than it took for them to get this to me.

I'll report in once I've installed the lever.

lever install complete. was pretty easy. I'll never get that pin out though, as my punch set doesn't go that far down.

I put a little red loctite on the pin before install.

Now to get back to shooting it. Another 5,000 rounds of .22lr just showed up for me to make many little holes in paper with.
    Last edited by hufnagel; 12-10-2015 at 04:04 PM.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3

Ah... sweet joyful bliss.

Pummeled the crap out of the dangling tonsil today. I have one very happy Beretta.

2" target at 10 meters and the M9 22LR didn't miss a beat. The ammo however, that's for another thread. The excessively happy to see me round insertion issue continues on another brand of ammo, so I think it's fair to say, it's not the ammo.

Thanks to Rafe and the rest of the Beretta service people for getting me the parts, and the screws. Now... if only someone would put out a serious discount code for christmas, as I want a set of matching wood grips as I have on my 92G.
    Last edited by hufnagel; 12-11-2015 at 10:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    2015/11/25

Took the kid shooting; him with the Ruger SR22 and Henry Youth .22lr, me with the Beretta M9 22LR. 60 rounds down range, and the #1 sight fixed my alignment problem. HOWEVER, there is some bad news. I just got home and was unpacking, when I discovered the right side decocker/safety lever is GONE. It appears the pin drifted out and the lever fell off without me noticing. I was working through an interesting problem where if you insert the magazine slightly aggressively with the slide open it'll basically 'stovepipe' the top round. I'll post a picture later, but I was able to reproduce it for the first 8 rounds in the mag before I stopped. I think the lips on the mag are a bit too far apart, allowing the body to slip by and stand the top round up.

Right now I'm pretty pissed the lever is gone.

edit:

The phallic nature of this "failure" is not lost on me.

hopefull the image shows up rotated at some point. )($)#$ photobucket.
    Just experienced the same phallic malfunction with my M9-22. Insert mag with slide locked back, and if the rim of the top round barely touches the ejector just right (or wrong, depending on your perspective), BING, it pops up.

Name:  23tpj5i.jpg
Views: 1720
Size:  51.0 KB

Has Beretta given you any solutions or other feedback?
    Last edited by jcmoore2; 12-20-2015 at 03:30 PM.

I'm thinking about purchasing this as my first firearm. I felt it today, and felt decent in my hand. Any thoughts/suggestions? Not trying to hijack this thread, just talking about this particular firearm.

Do you like shooting a 92/M9 series pistol? Do you want to shoot .22lr? If yes to both then buy it. I have no regrets. I'm confident Beretta will get the mag issue sorted.

Any update on extra magazines for purchase? I can't seem to find them.

Just wanted to add my two cents.
    I purchased my m9 22 on black Friday. Was going to get a 22 conversion kit for the 92. but less than 100 bucks more bought this.

I too had some rounds stovepipe in the beginning. Was usually with first or second round in a full mag. I was loading the mag with 14 and seemed to be OK. Today I was loading all 15 and had no trouble. Possible the spring was a little too stiff being new. (I've shot around 2000-2500 rounds.)

In December, I sent two questions to BerettaUSA support.
    First one was about extra magazines purchase. Got the same response about being backordered. Said to keep checking the sight and when available the will add them to the site. No date, just keep checking. (Grrr)

Second question was about Adjustable sights. Yes 92/96 sights will fit BUT in their FAQ's, They don't recommend steel sights on the Aluminum frame.... Also questioned the extra front sight and the difference between the two. Same as you, hufnagel I would like some more elevation, windage seems perfect. Did you change the sights from 2 to 1? Did it help? I have not yet gotten a reply on this one from them.

On Ammo tried different stuff in my safe. The one that this pistol seems to like the best is Federal's Auto match. I fired 3 bricks (325 each) so far and only had 2 misfires. Both had firepin marks, so I would have to blame the ammo.

Beretta M9- 22 review

j
    Quote Originally Posted by GreyWolf View Post
    Just wanted to add my two cents.
    I purchased my m9 22 on black Friday. Was going to get a 22 conversion kit for the 92. but less than 100 bucks more bought this.

I too had some rounds stovepipe in the beginning. Was usually with first or second round in a full mag. I was loading the mag with 14 and seemed to be OK. Today I was loading all 15 and had no trouble. Possible the spring was a little too stiff being new. (I've shot around 2000-2500 rounds.)

In December, I sent two questions to BerettaUSA support.
    First one was about extra magazines purchase. Got the same response about being backordered. Said to keep checking the sight and when available the will add them to the site. No date, just keep checking. (Grrr)

Second question was about Adjustable sights. Yes 92/96 sights will fit BUT in their FAQ's, They don't recommend steel sights on the Aluminum frame.... Also questioned the extra front sight and the difference between the two. Same as you, hufnagel I would like some more elevation, windage seems perfect. Did you change the sights from 2 to 1? Did it help? I have not yet gotten a reply on this one from them.

On Ammo tried different stuff in my safe. The one that this pistol seems to like the best is Federal's Auto match. I fired 3 bricks (325 each) so far and only had 2 misfires. Both had firepin marks, so I would have to blame the ammo.

User Tag List