Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta M9-22

Update:

So I put another 195 rounds through this pistol today... ran flawlessly. I noted my POA/POI wasn't that great... about 2" low using a cover hold at 10 meters. When I got home I remembered, it shipped with another sight in a little baggie. Upon closer inspection they're numbered 1 and 2... 2 was installed and appears to be taller. I just swapped in #1 and we'll see what happens on the next outing. Note the sights are plastic, for what it's worth.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Definitely interested in one of these with a threaded barrel. Sounds like the shorter front sight should do the trick. Thanks for the update.

Site Supporter

Beretta M9-22

Can you tell if the holster fit matches a normal Beretta?

ETA: I don't really know why I'm even asking, since it's not like that's going to stop me from buying one in any case
    Last edited by Dave J; 11-19-2015 at 10:37 PM.

If I get a chance tomorrow, I'll mount up the beretta shell on my alien gear holster and verify, but honestly I don't see why it wouldn't.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3

Site Supporter
    In my previous experiences with .22LR clones (M&P22, & Advantage Arms kits), there were enough subtle differences in slide width to make some holsters unusable. It was most noticeable with Raven-style Kydex pancakes, but others required a lot of tension adjustment. Fortunately, with some holsters, it didn't matter at all.

2015/11/25

Took the kid shooting; him with the Ruger SR22 and Henry Youth .22lr, me with the Beretta M9 22LR. 60 rounds down range, and the #1 sight fixed my alignment problem. HOWEVER, there is some bad news. I just got home and was unpacking, when I discovered the right side decocker/safety lever is GONE. It appears the pin drifted out and the lever fell off without me noticing. I was working through an interesting problem where if you insert the magazine slightly aggressively with the slide open it'll basically 'stovepipe' the top round. I'll post a picture later, but I was able to reproduce it for the first 8 rounds in the mag before I stopped. I think the lips on the mag are a bit too far apart, allowing the body to slip by and stand the top round up.

Right now I'm pretty pissed the lever is gone.

edit:

The phallic nature of this "failure" is not lost on me.
    Last edited by hufnagel; 11-25-2015 at 06:37 PM.

Hi hufnagel,
    I’m Rafe Bennett, VP Product Marketing at Beretta USA. I'm a long time fan of and lurker on this forum. Your thread got me to register so I can try to provide some info here.

First - Thanks for your purchase and review of the M9_22! Our goal was to develop the best possible replica of the Beretta M9 / 92 at a reasonable price. From dimensions to magazine capacity to the means of assembly and dis-assembly we hope we have done this.

Next I'll try to address some of the questions -
    Threaded barrels: We have one on the way that can be dropped into the M9_22 pistol. It should be available in the next couple months once they arrive from Germany. We’re also developing suppressor sights for it.
    Barrel construction: As noted it is a solid steel barrel. This is one of the key quality points that delivers durability and accuracy on this pistol. While in theory you could thread it, I would recommend waiting for the threaded accessory barrel which should be slightly longer to prevent any suppressor to slide interference.
    Holster fit: The external dimensions are identical to an M9 / 92FS so holster fit should be the same. We even use the standard Beretta grip panels on the M9_22 so you can customize to just about any aftermarket M9 / 92FS grips you like.
    Malfunctions (per photo). Please let us know what kind of ammo you were using. We will feed it back to R&D and see if we can duplicate it.
    Missing Safety lever: Please contact our customer service team and they will either arrange to get your pistol back for replacement or send you replacement parts which ever you like. I will tell them to expect your call / e-mail. They can be reached at 1-800-BERETTA or online at http://www.berettausa.com/en-us/service/
    I hope this is helpful info. Thanks for the review and feedback on the M9_22!
    Sincerely,
    Rafe

Thank you, Rafe!

I left a message with ext 2003 this morning... I figure most people are still suffering from turkey coma syndrome so I was going to let it lie until Monday.

Ammo in question: Federal 750 lot #1HJ631 (it's the same as Federal 745 http://www.federalpremium.com/produc...ire.aspx?id=54 just packaged differently for sale at Wal-Mart stores.)

edit: I also just took a moment and tested some other types I have here...
    Remington Golden Bullet http://www.remington.com/products/am...en-bullet.aspx
    CCI 0030 lot#J29WO8 http://www.cci-ammunition.com/produc...=1&loadNo=0030

both exhibit the exact same failure.
    Last edited by hufnagel; 11-27-2015 at 07:57 PM.

Sorry hufnagel - customer service opens up again on Monday. I'll make sure they look for your message and get back to you ASAP. I already e-mailed them to be on the look out.
    Sincerely,
    Rafe

^^ That is excellent customer service. Well done Beretta!

User Tag List