Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Beretta M9-22

I believe Beretta recommends the regular solid (heavier) hammer if you use a lighter hammer spring (with the conversion kit). If you have problems, you might give that a try.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by TicTacticalTimmy View Post
    Got my 22lr conversion in and fired it for the first time today along with a new to me m9a3, first time shooting any 92 series.

Unfortunately I had failires to ignite about 15% of the time. This was with both Federal and Aguila, both hv and sd. Other than that I had no failures. Not a single failure to feed, extract, or even to lock the slide back on empty. Every round went off on the second pull, and the failures were in both SA and DA.

The M9a3 comes with a D spring, do you need a full power hammer spring to use this kit? From the posts above it looks like people are using these with LTTs with no issue, which I believe have an even lighter hammer spring.
    My first time out with my kit - I was using a LT trigger with elite 2 hammer and a 14 lb spring. I had 1 failure to ignite in 200 rnds. I have since married my conversion kit to a 92 frame with “D” spring and standard hammer and have yet to have a failure to ignite. I’ve been using up my stash of Remington golden bullets. Assuming you haven’t swapped out hammers my guess is maybe it’s the ammo or maybe something is dragging in the firing pin.

I don't have a kit sadly but i do have one of the M9A1 umarex Beretta marked pistols and it shoots real nice, my wife and kids like shooting with it mostly but I plink with it off and on.

Site Supporter

Beretta M9-22

I bought one of the Beretta practice kits when they first came out back in the spring of 2000.

I have been quite happy with it.

About three weeks ago I was in a local gun shop checking out their ammo inventory (they didn’t have ANYTHING) and I noticed they had an M9-22 in the display case.

I bought it. I have about 600 rounds through it so far. I’m impressed. It runs fine on standard velocity ammo with lead bullets and is acceptably accurate out to 50 feet.

The Beretta "Black Friday" sale has started. Best time to stock up on magazines, conversion kits, and spare parts.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Sadly they're out of 15-round M9-22 mags.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    Sadly they're out of 15-round M9-22 mags.
    That must have just happened as they were in stock when I shopped. Or maybe not as I looked at the conversion kit magazines at https://www.berettausa.com/en-us/ber...-practice-kit/

No pictures today, but too the M9-22 out for a quick spin after a fresh cleaning.
    I can say that, it really likes Winchester X22LR, for the most part. Drilled out a quarter sized hole at 10', barely opened to a half-dollar at 20'. Only downside was out of 125 rounds I had 2 that needed removal and re-strikes, and one total dud. Kid reported some issues also from his Ruger SR-22 and the same ammo. If/when ammo calms down I *might* get some more of this, at least for the Beretta.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Update

Quote Originally Posted by TicTacticalTimmy View Post
    Got my 22lr conversion in and fired it for the first time today along with a new to me m9a3, first time shooting any 92 series.

Unfortunately I had failures to ignite about 15% of the time. This was with both Federal and Aguila, both hv and sd. Other than that I had no failures. Not a single failure to feed, extract, or even to lock the slide back on empty. Every round went off on the second pull, and the failures were in both SA and DA.

The M9a3 comes with a D spring, do you need a full power hammer spring to use this kit? From the posts above it looks like people are using these with LTTs with no issue, which I believe have an even lighter hammer spring.
    I have been using the 22lr conversion kit a fair bit since I wrote the above post. I first sent it in to Beretta because of the light strikes. They replaced the firing pin but after testing it again I was still getting at least as many light strikes as before. I noticed the firing pin protrusion from the breechface was very minimal compared to my other 22lrs. Therefore I detail stripped the upper, filed down the firing pin shelf which limits the firing pin protrusion until the protrusion was close to my 22/45, and reassembled. Testing further, it was better but still way too many light strikes with both my M9A3 (D spring) and LTT with trigger job (13# spring I think).

Last weekend I took it out again, this time with a full stock 20# 92 hammer spring. The result? 100% ignition! The heavy hammer spring sure takes out most of the "wow" factor of the LTT, but I still found it highly shootable and didn't seem to lose much on timed drills or dot torture, except WHO which was abysmal. I did get a number of failures to load a round which lead to a dryfire (and another dryfire when I ASSumed it was a light strike) when using Aquila SV, but no such failures with Aguila HV, so I think I just need to use HV ammo with this kit. Also the 10rd mag that came with the kit does not lock back the slide, leading to even more dry fires, though the two 15rd mags I bought worked fine.

In conclusion I would recommend the kit, but with the caveat that you may need to use a full power hammer spring. I'm hoping the heavier trigger pull will translate to better skillz when I switch back to a 13# spring for shooting 9mm. I'm also going to buy a range of hammer springs from Wolff to see how low I can go and keep it reliable.

Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    No pictures today, but too the M9-22 out for a quick spin after a fresh cleaning.
    I can say that, it really likes Winchester X22LR, for the most part. Drilled out a quarter sized hole at 10', barely opened to a half-dollar at 20'. Only downside was out of 125 rounds I had 2 that needed removal and re-strikes, and one total dud. Kid reported some issues also from his Ruger SR-22 and the same ammo. If/when ammo calms down I *might* get some more of this, at least for the Beretta.
    Has anybody got one to run ok with a dovetail mount and small dot?

User Tag List