Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta M9-22

Still a fan of it. Still going to continue to shoot the shit out of it. Still distinctly considering a second one with fake suppressor, just because. Will admit some of the "shine" has rubbed off it though.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

I saw one in FDE a few months ago and I was like "Where the heck was that when I ordered mine?!?" Anyone who's ever shot on an outdoor range in the summer with no shade knows what I'm talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    Still a fan of it. Still going to continue to shoot the shit out of it. Still distinctly considering a second one with fake suppressor, just because. Will admit some of the "shine" has rubbed off it though.
    Any updates on this? I haven't had a .22 pistol for awhile and am considering this, among others.

still shooting it. still love shooting it.
    need to send the slide back in again, as the right side safety lever is going to fall off, as the retaining pin is loose. hole is probably wallowed out from all the times it's been put in and took out.
    still standing by my statement that I'd buy another.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Site Supporter
    This is on my list of "I need it" now. The LGS/range I shoot USPSA at had one, but I was running late that day. They're obviously closed up before the match is over, so I missed out on it. Made my grumpy.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    I purchased a new .22LR conversion kit last month due in part to the positive responses here. I have a Sig Mosquito that has been serving as the "Full Sized Pistol Analog" the last 10 years, but its off size and reliability issues have prevented it from being a good much less great gun. With 9mm approaching $1 a round and the prospect of Biden and Harris doing to the US what she has done to the state of Kalifornia the ability to shoot .22LR through a full size handgun I consider well worth the money.

I have had a couple chances to fire the kit placed atop my Elite build sporting a Langdon Trigger, Elite II hammer, and 14 lb spring. In a little over 500 rounds of a mixed bag of ammunition ranging from CCI mini mags to Remington Golden Bullets to Federal Bulk pack, to Federal Auto I have had one failure to go into battery with a Remington Golden Bullet and one failure to fire with a Federal Bulk bullet.

I have to say that I have not shot anything in a long time that has put as big a grin on my face as this conversion has mounted to my Langdonized Beretta Frame! I really look forward to teaching my kids to shoot with this as it will be the perfect analog. I can now sell the Mosquito for the insane prices they are going for in Kalifornia.

They only issue I have noticed is that the front sight is beginning to show wear from the holster and the multiple presentations I have been doing. After reading @e_stern I am happy that I can replace it with a metal front sight. It seems that ordinary Vertec front sights are not as easy to come by as I would expect. Does anyone have an extra lying around? I see that Midwest has these available but they do not say if this is the Vertec dovetail or Brigadier dovetail? Does anyone know?

Quote Originally Posted by e_stern View Post
    Hey Everyone,

My name is Erik Stern and I am the Associate Pro Shop Product Manager at BUSA. The new conversion kit has been mostly my baby for the last year and I am glad that it is finally coming to market.

As far as improvements go, the kit features the following over the older Italian kits:
    Front and rear Dovetails with Vertec sight cuts
    A threaded barrel available as an accessory
    Ability to function with D hammer springs (WITH QUALITY AMMUNITION) as long as you are using a standard hammer to have enough mass.
    15 round magazines versus 10 rounds with the old kit (10 rd mags are available for ban states).
    Mags can be loaded without the use of an external loader (unlike the Italian kit)
    90% parts compatibility with the M9_22, meaning that this simplifies our parts and service inventory and makes it easier to support you guys if something is needed.
    Validated compatibility with the 92A1/96A1/90-Two pistols. The old BITA Kit usually worked with them, but this kit has been developed from the ground up and validated for compatibility with those pistols.

Let me know if you guys have any questions about them!
    Thanks for your efforts bring this out - it really is outstanding!

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    I purchased a new .22LR conversion kit last month due in part to the positive responses here. I have a Sig Mosquito that has been serving as the "Full Sized Pistol Analog" the last 10 years, but its off size and reliability issues have prevented it from being a good much less great gun. With 9mm approaching $1 a round and the prospect of Biden and Harris doing to the US what she has done to the state of Kalifornia the ability to shoot .22LR through a full size handgun I consider well worth the money.

I have had a couple chances to fire the kit placed atop my Elite build sporting a Langdon Trigger, Elite II hammer, and 14 lb spring. In a little over 500 rounds of a mixed bag of ammunition ranging from CCI mini mags to Remington Golden Bullets to Federal Bulk pack, to Federal Auto I have had one failure to go into battery with a Remington Golden Bullet and one failure to fire with a Federal Bulk bullet.

I have to say that I have not shot anything in a long time that has put as big a grin on my face as this conversion has mounted to my Langdonized Beretta Frame! I really look forward to teaching my kids to shoot with this as it will be the perfect analog. I can now sell the Mosquito for the insane prices they are going for in Kalifornia.

They only issue I have noticed is that the front sight is beginning to show wear from the holster and the multiple presentations I have been doing. After reading @e_stern I am happy that I can replace it with a metal front sight. It seems that ordinary Vertec front sights are not as easy to come by as I would expect. Does anyone have an extra lying around? I see that Midwest has these available but they do not say if this is the Vertec dovetail or Brigadier dovetail? Does anyone know?

Thanks for your efforts bring this out - it really is outstanding!

Here are some Vertec sight options:

https://dawsonprecision.com/sights/beretta-sights/

Where’s the best place to snag a conversion kit? I could totally use one.

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    From here: https://www.berettausa.com/en-us/ber...15-round-mag-/

Register for an account, if you do not have one, on the Beretta store. Beretta provides discounts to registered users as well as holiday discounts. If you are a member of the Beretta Forum, a further 10% discount can be "stacked". Beretta does an excellent job of supporting loyal customers.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stony Lane View Post
    Here are some Vertec sight options:

https://dawsonprecision.com/sights/beretta-sights/
    Thanks - I’m just looking for the standard factory sight with the white dot.

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    I got mine from Botach. Best non-discounted price I have found at $300. Had it within a week. They also have the best price on magazines I have found. Oh - and the magazines are AMAZING quality!!! Same size as standard Beretta mags.

https://botach.com/beretta-92-f-seri...10rd-magazine/
    Last edited by Suvorov; 09-05-2020 at 05:01 PM.

User Tag List