Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta M9-22

slide will be on its way back to Beretta tomorrow.
    also, looks like Rafe no longer works there. his last log in was mid-July 2017, and other information leads me to believe he's no longer there. bummer.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    On the polycoat CCI, it looks like you may have had some keyholes. I had 7 rounds out of 20 of that stuff keyhole at 7 yards from my P250. Thing shoots great with other ammo.
    FWIW, I put 60 rounds of this stuff through a 6.5" barrel Buck Mark last night, and it was up to the standards of accuracy of my shooting with no keyholes or any other issues at 7 yards. I did have a couple failures to pick up the second round in an old, narrow-base magazine that I had already marked (a piece of blue tape on the bottom) as suspect. Moved the load to another mag and had no further issues. Will start by cleaning it and then change the spring.

It's not what we really do a lot of around here, but it was smile-inducing to just stand there in slow fire and eat little holes in the center of a target with a well-balanced gun and a nice SA trigger like a some kind of Fudd. Especially when the mods done to Hogue G10 grips in a dripping-sweat hot garage last weekend came out perfect.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Slide is back in my hand, with a new safety lever installed. Got it soaking in Hoppes #9 to give it a good cleaning, will do the same to the rest of the firearms bits, then put 'er together for some more pew pew soon.

I missed it sufficiently that, i'm seriously considering getting a second, specifically the tactical variant with fake suppressor.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3

It would have been nice if the FDE had been available when I ordered mine. Living in the desert has made me dislike the color black.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    slide will be on its way back to Beretta tomorrow.
    also, looks like Rafe no longer works there. his last log in was mid-July 2017, and other information leads me to believe he's no longer there. bummer.
    Rafe is no longer with Beretta.

Are you dropping the slide w/the safety engaged?
    Used to make pasta, now I make waffles.

Quote Originally Posted by e_stern View Post
    Rafe is no longer with Beretta.

Are you dropping the slide w/the safety engaged?
    No joking, I sat here and thought for 5 minutes about that, trying to remember that minute level of detail of my range sessions.

I'm going to say "yes" when doing DA/SA practice, and "no" when I'm just doing accuracy practice.

I'm anticipating some interesting insight into why it's breaking, and on what appears to be a regular schedule. Granted, 2 data points is hardly a trend, but it is curious.

Shot it yesterday, 179 rounds (don't ask... kid was with me and he was shooting his rifle from the same box of ammo.)
    Going to have to call Beretta next week:
    right side safety almost fell off when the roll pin walked out. Luckily it didn't back out totally and get lost this time, and I could push it back in. I'll try and set it better.
    slide stop kept engaging in the middle of a magazine, sometimes 2-3 times. happened on the majority of mag loads. not sure if that's something I did though, as I took the slide stop off to give everything a thorough cleaning; there was a ton of crud behind it. it feels like it's right though, in that it has a good amount of downward tension. I'm a lefty so I wasn't pushing on the slide stop accidentally; I checked for that.

Shot 353 rounds yesterday. Had a tiny epiphany on my recoil control, and it made my POI line up better and my groups got smaller too. One FTFire that ignited on second strike; i'm blaming the ammo on that (FED745 bulk pack). No other issues or failures, until I went to put it away. #$)#$# )(#)$@@# right side safety came off! Managed to find it and the roll pin during cleanup. I can see the back side of the hole isn't round any more. I'll try to get a call into Beretta today and see if they'll send me a replacement and a new roll pin.
    Last edited by hufnagel; 08-16-2019 at 07:03 AM.

460 rounds today.
    Right side pin still likes to walk out of the hole; not enough friction holding it in I guess. Might try pushing it most of the way out and applying some loctite.
    Nothing else went wrong though.
    Spent the session doing some target hopping drills and some recoil desensitization practice.

Thank you for continuing to give updates. I am interested in picking up one of these myself.

User Tag List