Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta M9-22

Range report.
    Took the kid shooting today, because jewish holiday == days off from school.
    105 rounds down range, DA only (decocking after each shot), because I need DA practice. No issues to report and everything felt like it should, possibly a little tighter than before, which felt like a good thing.
    Kid put another 85 down range with it, and promptly declared that it is now HIS gun.
    I told him maybe and only after he can actually pull the trigger in DA mode, as his hands currently are too small for that.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

I need to get one of these.

Can the M9/M9A1-22 safety be converted to G mode? Or is that not possible? Strongly eyeing one of these. Have a boatload of .22 that I need to burn through...
    Shoot more, post less...

@MSparks909 I'm going to say "no" as the slide is totally different.

so given beretta has a sale going on I decided to dig into if I can replace the trigger with a steel one, because why not?
    the answer is "yes" and "no."
    yes: it sure appears the trigger is the same.
    no: they put everything in a subframe assembly that's held into the plastic frame with 2 roll pins. unfortunately the studs for the grip screws go in frame recesses, and it appears you need some kind of Fancy Tool to spread the plastic frame apart enough to let them pass. bummer.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3

Another day, another 525 rounds through this gun
    I'm sort of "restricted" to .22lr at the moment, as I've had severe tennis elbow for the past 3 months; it's getting better but i'm going to see an ortho in a couple days and look into a cortisone shot to push me over the recovery "hump" with any luck. Anyways, enough about me and the gimpy wing.

I noticed the last couple outings, that the pistol seemed to be printing right.

To make a long story short, I got home that day and went to drift the sight left, when I discovered minimal thumb pressure would move it. That's not good. pushed the front sight out, put a little red loctite on things, pushed it back into place and where it looked like it was centered, and hoped for the best.

Today's outing was a lot better.
    Ammo was Federal Champion 36gr CPHP FED745 lot 1IM269.
    Distance was 10 Meters.
    Pistol had 951 rounds through it since last cleaning (2018/08/03) at start of the day, now 2001 rounds.
    Total rounds is 6159.

50 rounds

100 rounds

150 rounds

200 rounds

250 rounds (added a reactive target behind the cardboard)

300 rounds

Skipped taking a couple pictures.

450 rounds (switched reactive target as the first one broke)

500 rounds

525 rounds

Aftermath of the reactive targets. Left one has about 300 rounds total through it, and it failed. Right one has about 175 rounds so far, and it holding up MUCH better!
    I might do a quick opinion piece on both of these at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    I'm sort of "restricted" to .22lr at the moment, as I've had severe tennis elbow for the past 3 months; it's getting better but i'm going to see an ortho in a couple days and look into a cortisone shot to push me over the recovery "hump" with any luck. Anyways, enough about me and the gimpy wing.

I noticed the last couple outings, that the pistol seemed to be printing right.

To make a long story short, I got home that day and went to drift the sight left, when I discovered minimal thumb pressure would move it. That's not good. pushed the front sight out, put a little red loctite on things, pushed it back into place and where it looked like it was centered, and hoped for the best.

Today's outing was a lot better.
    Ammo was Federal Champion 36gr CPHP FED745 lot 1IM269.
    Distance was 10 Meters.
    Pistol had 951 rounds through it since last cleaning (2018/08/03) at start of the day, now 2001 rounds.
    Total rounds is 6159.

50 rounds

100 rounds

150 rounds

200 rounds

250 rounds (added a reactive target behind the cardboard)

300 rounds

Skipped taking a couple pictures.

450 rounds (switched reactive target as the first one broke)

500 rounds

525 rounds

Aftermath of the reactive targets. Left one has about 300 rounds total through it, and it failed. Right one has about 175 rounds so far, and it holding up MUCH better!
    I might do a quick opinion piece on both of these at some point.
    You're shooting left now [emoji12]

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

Quote Originally Posted by BaiHu View Post
    You're shooting left now [emoji12]

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    Only on the first target. I think I was "compensating", or as some old fart once told me it's called Kentucky Windage, due to the fact it was shooting right. My overall hole got pretty close to center pretty quickly.

Going to try and see if I can wear this pistol out before the end of the year, as an excuse to go buy the suppressor ready kit version, with the fake can.

I picked one up a while back. I lost count on the number of rounds though it but it's a lot. Not a single hickup that wasn't from dud ammo.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Agreed. Other than the early on hiccup with the safety lever doing an unscheduled disassembly (which Beretta took care of), the only issues I've had are ammo related. And I guess the front plastic sight getting loose.
    It's now #3 on my all time list of most shot guns, and will rather quickly overtake my SR22 (and P30L) at the current rate. Once my arm is back up to snuff I expect its usage to drop off, as I get back into the P30L, but for now I'm having a blast wrecking cardboard with it.

HK P30L 7849
    RUGER SR22 6672
    BERETTA M9-22 6158
    HK P30 5377
    HK P30 4211
    Last edited by hufnagel; 05-10-2019 at 06:28 AM.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    Saved this link from another thread somewhere on the site:

https://www.absolutept.com/shooters-elbow/
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

User Tag List