Thread: Review: SKD PIG Full Dexterity Tactical Alpha Glove

Review: SKD PIG Full Dexterity Tactical Alpha Glove

Description
    According to the product description the SKD PIG (Patrol Incident Gear) Gloves feature "several industry firsts, the Alpha allows unfettered access to all your firearms controls and manipulations, without the overwhelming bulk of unnecessary padding and layers. When it comes to gloves you can shoot with, contrary to most of the other tactical gloves on the market, less IS more… the less you feel your gloves, the better you can shoot with them." You can find the full list of specs on their website, on the tag inside the gloves it says they are made of "40% Synthetic Leather, 45% Nylon, 10% Foam, 5% Rubber, Designed in USA, Made in China." I bought these when they first came out around 2012, first batch of the black they offered (I believe I pre-ordered them) and have carried them around, wearing them during training and classes whenever I needed to do something other than just shoot pistol. Now a days they will cost you $29.99 plus shipping direct from SKD.
    Read the Full Review here -> SKD PIG Full Dexterity Tactical Alpha Glove ~ Reviews
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Ordered. Thanks dude!
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

I really like the SKD gloves for setting up and breaking down steel and stages, and have multiple pairs of them. For shooting, the Rogers gloves work way better for me.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I really like the SKD gloves for setting up and breaking down steel and stages, and have multiple pairs of them. For shooting, the Rogers gloves work way better for me.
    GJM - why do you like the Rogers gloves better? I haven't seen either the PIG or Rogers in person. I currently use mechanix. That being said, the Rogers look like they are thinner material for better feel and the rubber like stuff on the outside seems they may give better support hand "stickiness" then either PIG or Mechanix. Thoughts?

Cause Rogers is basically a glove liner with increased gripping properties while SKD is a light glove.

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Breeze View Post
    GJM - why do you like the Rogers gloves better? I haven't seen either the PIG or Rogers in person. I currently use mechanix. That being said, the Rogers look like they are thinner material for better feel and the rubber like stuff on the outside seems they may give better support hand "stickiness" then either PIG or Mechanix. Thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Cause Rogers is basically a glove liner with increased gripping properties while SKD is a light glove.
    Yes and yes.

Also, the Rogers gloves seem better to me in staying usable in wet conditions and drying out quickly. I use them alone down to the 20's, and in colder conditions as an inner glove under a heavier outer.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List