Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Charter Arms Bulldog Classic

Ideally, I'd love to see S&W do a 69 in 3" with the grip profile of the 170135.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    I've owned a bunch of .44 Special 5-shooters: Charco Bulldog Pug (I think mine was from when they were operating under the "Charco" name), Rossi 720C, S&W 696, S&W 296, and whatever the Taurus "Total Ti" one was...445? One thing they've all shared (except the 696) was an aversion to >200gr bullets. I still have the 296; the light weight and Centennial configuration make it my favorite of the bunch.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    I've owned a bunch of .44 Special 5-shooters: Charco Bulldog Pug (I think mine was from when they were operating under the "Charco" name), Rossi 720C, S&W 696, S&W 296, and whatever the Taurus "Total Ti" one was...445? One thing they've all shared (except the 696) was an aversion to >200gr bullets. I still have the 296; the light weight and Centennial configuration make it my favorite of the bunch.
    I'm learning this. Thinking about trying a load using this
    http://www.mattsbullets.com/index.ph...roducts_id=222
    This
    http://www.mattsbullets.com/index.ph...roducts_id=287
    Or this
    http://www.mattsbullets.com/index.ph...roducts_id=288

Nice. Did they bring back the tumbling bullets, too?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaywalker View Post
    Nice. Did they bring back the tumbling bullets, too?
    It's surprisingly accurate, actually.

In about '83 in the Tacoma area I came across a small gun shop with an old fella packing a .44 Bulldog. He showed me his carry load, a pure lead slug with a gaping hollowpoint. He described the massive charge of 2400 he loaded them with and reading my expression he grinned and said it may not last long but he figured it would hold long enough to get the 5 shots off if it came to that. It was a big bore area in a big bore era. Two 2/75 NCOs I met told me 4" .41 and .44 N frames were the most popular PWs their compadres were packing.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    It was a big bore area in a big bore era. Two 2/75 NCOs I met told me 4" .41 and .44 N frames were the most popular PWs their compadres were packing.
    That same demographic is overrun with Affliction shirts and Serpas now. They haven't, as a class, gotten dumber.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    That same demographic is overrun with Affliction shirts and Serpas now. They haven't, as a class, gotten dumber.
    I had to search. I did not know what that was. http://www.afflictionclothing.com/mens
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by Sigfan26 View Post
    ...and not charge $1200 for it...

Quote Originally Posted by Sigfan26 View Post
    That was another suggestion I made to a factory rep at the NRA Annual Meeting, and got shot down on.
    Of course, since the first one was to Ruger about an SP101 and/or LCR on .327 Federal...
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

User Tag List