Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Benefits to taking Glock Armorers Courses ?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    I just completed Armorer and Advanced Armorer this week in Fort Worth. Dennis Tueller did a great job with the class. It was about my 7th or 8th Armorer and my second Advanced (first in 1996). Great information and the advanced is a nice deep dive into troubleshooting, diagnosis and knowledge acquisition on the many variations of parts and upgrades over the years.
    Yeah, training with the man himself, and hearing some of his stories was great. Like all good instructors he has polished his delivery to near the ability of a standup commedian. They also managed to find decent BBQ in Arizona for the catered lunch.

Other than that I just needed to keep the certs alive for annual inspections. I was hoping it would be updated with the rather odd departure from "perfection" over the last few years.

pat

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Thanks for all the input. I went ahead and registered for the basic 1 day Armorers Class in Winter Garden FL on 10 November as a GSSF member. Will post back on the experience when complete.
    Well shucks, the course host just cancelled the 11/10 class in Winter Garden due to COVID restrictions, so I applied for a refund. Will keep looking for an opportunity to take this in the future.

Well shucks, the course host just cancelled the 11/10 class in Winter Garden due to COVID restrictions, so I applied for a refund. Will keep looking for an opportunity to take this in the future.
    I located another session of the 1 day course being held in Naples Florida at the Collier County Sherriff's office in August, so I signed up. Looking forward to doing this but had another question.

I have a small bag of gear that I like around when I am working on cleaning and what not; Small fiber optic rod bore flashlight, AAA headlight, +2 full diopter safety glasses, Glock punch, roll of tape, nitrile gloves; that sort of thing. Do you typically have a need for that in the 1 day Glock Armorer's course or do they provide what you need to take the course in terms of small tools?

I don't want to walk in with all this in a bag and look like an idiot, but if I need it, I'd rather have my own stuff with me.

I have a small bag of gear that I like around when I am working on cleaning and what not; Small fiber optic rod bore flashlight, AAA headlight, +2 full diopter safety glasses, Glock punch, roll of tape, nitrile gloves; that sort of thing. Do you typically have a need for that in the 1 day Glock Armorer's course or do they provide what you need to take the course in terms of small tools? I don't want to walk in with all this in a bag and look like an idiot, but if I need it, I'd rather have my own stuff with me.
    Take a pair of safety glasses. Maybe a pair of readers. Everything else you need is provided.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Covered already, but I recall getting supplied a take home Glock punch and orange slide cover / inspection plate.

Quote Originally Posted by Gater View Post
    Covered already, but I recall getting supplied a take home Glock punch and orange slide cover / inspection plate.
    Last couple of ACs I hosted, everyone got some handouts, a little swag, the manual, a rubber parts tray, slide cover plate, punch, a rubber mat with the exploded parts diagram. A couple of other manufacturer reps tagging along passed out some of their stuff.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

I located another session of the 1 day course being held in Naples Florida at the Collier County Sherriff's office in August, so I signed up.
    I'm still on track to take this AC in August.

I was thinking, in the event I have a chance, I'd have some questions ready for the Glock representatives on items I've always wondered about. The only one I can think of is to do with GLOCK sights, which is: What is the designed "hold" for GLOCK pistols using plastic sights? Top of front sight? Or "shoot the dot"?

Are there any other questions that I should ask?

I was thinking, in the event I have a chance, I'd have some questions ready for the Glock representatives on items I've always wondered about. The only one I can think of is to do with GLOCK sights, which is: What is the designed "hold" for GLOCK pistols using plastic sights? Top of front sight? Or "shoot the dot"?

Are aftermarket mounting plates legal in GSSF MOS division

Top of front sight.

Quote Originally Posted by HTM View Post
    Top of front sight.
    That's cool...not that I doubt what you say, but where do/did you get that info? From a GLOCK source you can share? I say this because I've had five Glocks now and they are all over the place in terms of tofs or shoot the dot, and I've had to tune the front sight height to match my preference (shoot the dot) in almost all cases.

User Tag List