Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ranking of approved ammo, plus comparison against similar spec ammo and crappy ammo

Modern SD ammo is better because it is a more consistent expanding HP, even under adverse conditions....like wind shields, etc.

Older style UMC HP's will perform consistently, as designed, only under ideal near picture perfect situations.

And we all realize that is not going to happen in the real world.

IMHO, there is no logical reason not to be using ammo from "the list"..... none of us use 1990 tech computers ( UMC JHP )...

You could even compare this to '60's and '70s muscle cars... modern muscle cars have everything the 60's muscles cars had as well as modern AC, Fuel injection, decent MPG, better handling....

$15 / 25 rounds is what you can buy ammo from the list for. Granted in 50rd boxes.. but...

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    I have got so much more to worry about in my shooting performance than whether one bullet or another might consistently get .02" better expansion after auto glass, know what I mean?
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

I shoot 200 rounds of the carry ammo and call it good. You could probably get away with 100 rounds honestly. Stick to whatever is on the list and sells regularly on sgammo. I buy 124g +p gold dots when ever it becomes available. I wouldn't hesitate to carry hst either though.

Pick something from the list that you can purchase for a reasonable price, confirm function in your guns, and worry about it no more. The person has so much more effect on where the bullet goes than what the bullet does. Concentrate on where you put the bullet. Let the bullet do the rest.

User Tag List