Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Browning HP

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by NEPAKevin View Post
    One issue I have heard about the BHP is that because of the shape of the front of the magazine, they are not as fast to reload as other double stack magazines which are radiused(?) around the front edge. i.e. the difference between putting a square peg or a round peg in a square hole.
    I've never shot my BHP in a match or even shot it while using a timer, but I'm certain that for me, my already slow reloads are much slower with my BHP than with my Glocks. The mags need to be much better lined up with the magwell before they will insert.

Quote Originally Posted by NEPAKevin View Post
    One issue I have heard about the BHP is that because of the shape of the front of the magazine, they are not as fast to reload as other double stack magazines which are radiused(?) around the front edge. i.e. the difference between putting a square peg or a round peg in a square hole.
    Yup, it's brutal. You have to be dead on otherwise it hits the bottom of the frame. I wish MecGar would redesign the mags to be more like a CZ or the 18 rounder 92 mags.

Maybe I don't love it so much after all. The front sight sheared off during today's practice session.

Quote Originally Posted by Wobblie View Post
    Maybe I don't love it so much after all. The front sight sheared off during today's practice session.
    I'll give you a hundred bucks for it.

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    I'll give you a hundred bucks for it.
    Alas, I didn't look for it in the sand.
    Last edited by Wobblie; 11-23-2015 at 03:02 PM.

Not the sight, the gun! Anyway, it is a good excuse to get the thing off to the smithy.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Quote Originally Posted by pangloss View Post
    I've never shot my BHP in a match or even shot it while using a timer, but I'm certain that for me, my already slow reloads are much slower with my BHP than with my Glocks. The mags need to be much better lined up with the magwell before they will insert.
    Yep.....night and day difference on reloads with Glock vs BHP. The BHP is cool and all, and I want to like it more, but evolution marches on and there are just better guns available. I have a BHP (and clone) for the "Gun Library" but would much rather carry a glock or shoot it in a match for that matter due to the difference in reload speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin View Post
    Yup, it's brutal. You have to be dead on otherwise it hits the bottom of the frame. I wish MecGar would redesign the mags to be more like a CZ or the 18 rounder 92 mags.
    Back on the old IDPA mailing list. IIRC, a member whose handle was Dr Bones (Chiropractor) mentioned he had a mod to make the mags easier to reload which I think involved removing some metal from the front corners.
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

User Tag List