Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Browning HP

Browning HP

I bought a Hi Power and love it. It fits my antique Milt Sparks holster (c. 1976) even. Tell me now if this won't work for IDPA which I've never shot. I was a B-class USPSA shooter a couple of decades ago and would like to return to competition.

I don't shoot IDPA but (I shoot USPSA) but looks like it would fit in ESP just fine.
    A71593

I use one in ESP. You're good to go.

I have shot a BHP in various competitions.
    The problems were mine, for the most part, not the BHP's.

Quote Originally Posted by ACP230 View Post
    I have shot a BHP in various competitions.
    The problems were mine, for the most part, not the BHP's.
    I have plenty of problems too, but I think I'll give it a go. The gun feels like the old days. I suppose that's what I find attractive.

One issue I have heard about the BHP is that because of the shape of the front of the magazine, they are not as fast to reload as other double stack magazines which are radiused(?) around the front edge. i.e. the difference between putting a square peg or a round peg in a square hole.
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

You probably already know this, but make sure you have an extra empty magazine with you if the gun still has a disconnect safety. Otherwise, you won't be able to do the "Pull The Trigger" part of finishing commands.

I use an empty magazine tube for that. (I used to have this one unreliable magazine, this way I get some use out of it. )
    IDPA SSP classification: Sharpshooter
    F.A.S.T. classification: Intermediate

Fixing the mag disconnect also grossly improves the trigger. Just saying.
    Ignore Alien Orders

And deleting magazine disconnects is now specifically allowed by IDPA. I presume they concluded that reducing the manipulation of the gun was safer than mechanical obstructions.

You may also delete key locks from guns so equipped.

You may NOT remove firing pin obstructions from IDPA guns. Pity, de-S80 shims were a growing industry for a while before they actually started checking for presence of lawyer levers.

User Tag List