Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 147 grain Golden Saber

147 grain Golden Saber

All I can find is HST 147 grain +P and Golden Saber 147 grain. I'm looking for EDC ammo for the average joe. Gun is Gen 4 G19. Which one? GS is cheaper but I've heard not as good as HST. I've also heard the HST +p isn't worth the squeeze and is not on the "list". So go GS???
    Last edited by 23JAZ; 11-16-2015 at 01:00 PM.

I have several cases of the HST and would buy the HST over the Golden Saber all day every day.

I too would buy the HST over Golden Sabre any day of the week.

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    I too would buy the HST over Golden Sabre any day of the week.
    Is there a big difference in felt recoil between 147+p and 124 grain +p (which is what I normally shoot).

HST all day long. Even with the flashier +P version. The 9mm is dependent upon optimal bullet designs for good effects. Remington GS is relatively subpar compared to the HST in performance.
    Last edited by Hauptmann; 11-16-2015 at 01:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay23 View Post
    Is there a big difference in felt recoil between 147+p and 124 grain +p (which is what I normally shoot).
    Not really in my experience. All the +P HST loads feel about the same to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay23 View Post
    The HST 124+P is 1,200 FPS with 396 Lb Ft energy.
    The HST 147+P is 1050 FPS with 360 Lb Ft energy.
    Last edited by JBP55; 11-16-2015 at 03:06 PM.

I didn't notice a difference between recoil from standard pressure 124 HST and 147+p

I note two things;

147gr Golden Saber is on "the list"; https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....f-Defense-Ammo

It ain't a bad load either. I'd pick HST over GS myself, but I'd lose zero sleep if I was using GS. The few shootings I know of with GS in various service pistol calibers shows that it works pretty well.
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

Either the 147 gr or 124 +P bonded Golden Saber is no slouch. If that's what you can find, buy it. It's good stuff. The HST though, even the +P 147Gr. is slightly better IMO

User Tag List