Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HK post Trigger Return Spring replacement function test

HK post Trigger Return Spring replacement function test

I just finished replacing the trigger return spring on my HK45C.

Dam... not fun. Yes, I used the tool.

But now that I got it done and it function properly in dry fire, how many rounds do you guys recommend for a proper live fire test to see if I botched the job?

A magazine's worth ought to do it.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

I've been thinking about round counts to verify go/no go of carry stuff. Instead of start a new thread I thought I'd ask here (hope that's ok)

1. How many rounds through a new mag before into rotation? Any malf.'s ok? Not ok?
    2. Trusted mags with new guys and or extensions?
    3. Drawing a blank but I know there's more..

Edit
    4. New recoil spring assembly (RSA) , factory and or different weight.Same for both? Weight change get specail attn?
    Last edited by Luke; 11-14-2015 at 11:19 PM.

Factory magazines I'll disassemble and verify the follower is free from plastic flash, the inside is cleaned of oil/grease/preservative and the spring is installed correctly then I'll run it through it's capacity at the range two of three times and call it good. Sig mags are notorious for having a sticky preservative all over them that will cause problems when mixed with sand/silt.
    When I added Taylor Freelance +5's to some of my H&K mags I first vetted a couple of them hard in practice and competition, now I treat them like a new mag as above.
    Vetted mags in a different vetted pistol, no worries.
    RSA or other spring replacements, I only run standard factory springs and trust the gun after a typical range session (50-100 rounds).
    Last edited by JodyH; 11-15-2015 at 10:13 AM.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."

Just last week I had a new P2000 mag with a reversed locking plate. It is a good practice to disassemble and check.
    Taking a break from social media.

Success!

25 rounds of HST & a 50 round box of WW practice ammo and the trigger still works.

Now, I should have asked this before I did it...any particular way the trigger spring should have gone in, as in is either leg of the spring supposed to go in a particular orientation, or as long as it is in place, it doesn't matter?

Short leg behind the trigger, long leg secures the slide stop lever axle.

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    Short leg behind the trigger, long leg secures the slide stop lever axle.
    Oh, crap...if I have to do this again...

Sigh.

Here is what it looks like.

The spring shown with the white background is a light TRS purchased from HKParts.net along with the one I installed which was the standard spring.

It does not appear to have a longer or shorter leg, and when I got confused by reference to the long/short legs of the spring, I called H&K and they said for the 45C/USP models, it didn't matter which side was up or down like it did for P30 series.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Cool, it's the same as the P2000. I assumed it was a P30 spring. I'm out of town and didn't get to lay eyes on my 45c.
    I could have sworn that the 45c had a captured slidelock.
    Just goes to show how often I clean it...
    Last edited by JodyH; 11-16-2015 at 04:26 PM.

User Tag List