Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Arcteryx Atom LT or SV?

Arcteryx Atom LT or SV?

I am going to buy a heavier winter jacket than my Arcteryx Bravo. I had to supplement the bravo in years past with a heavy sweater and/or a hoody (since it doesn't have a hood). At training I saw several people with LT's and SV's who were very comfortable with only a tshirt underneath.

http://leaf.arcteryx.com/product.asp...=Atom-SV-Hoody

http://leaf.arcteryx.com/product.asp...-LT-Hoody-LEAF

I don't like the hook/loop so I am automatically leaning towards the LT.

Who has what and what would you buy given the choice?
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

I'm running neither but use similar systems and have handled/tried the LTs made from different years.

The LT will give you a broader range of wear, most especially with the current generation with different material sidepanels. It pairs very well with different shell and cover jackets, in part because it is so low-bulk. It's a very versatile bit of gear both as a standalone element and within a larger layering system. The LEAF LTs have definitely been getting optimized of late - i may grab one myself as they fall.more towards my needs. I believe the LEAF ones have a shorter hem length now.

The SV is warmer overall, still breathes extremely well as a synth fill layer, and has more overall coverage. If you work where it really gets cold, that increased depth and coverage may come into play.

I took a class with a guy who I think was wearing a jacket of this brand, his had a small zipper/door thingy to where you could be bundled and zipped up and have access to your gun (that's where the zipper/door is) are these those jackets?

Is this for an on duty jacket or an off duty jacket?

The LT I know may pill/frizz/show wear a little more easily than you prefer though both appear to be the same. I couldn't really tell the difference between the two.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianB View Post
    Is this for an on duty jacket or an off duty jacket?

Off duty, my duty jacket is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    The LT I know may pill/frizz/show wear a little more easily than you prefer though both appear to be the same. I couldn't really tell the difference between the two.
    Thats a concern of course but stuff happens... the main difference i saw was the sv has hook loop and is heavier.
    VDMSR.com
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Reader's Digest:

For 3-4 season wear, go LT.

If local weather pushes you towards heavier insulation or a desire for a warm stand-alone, go SV.

http://soldiersystems.net/2014/09/18...arcteryx-leaf/

The additional insulation is something I want, I prefer standalone systems.

Now I have to go REI and see how it sizes before I order one.
    VDMSR.com

Quote Originally Posted by runcible View Post
    I'm running neither but use similar systems and have handled/tried the LTs made from different years.

The LT will give you a broader range of wear, most especially with the current generation with different material sidepanels. It pairs very well with different shell and cover jackets, in part because it is so low-bulk. It's a very versatile bit of gear both as a standalone element and within a larger layering system. The LEAF LTs have definitely been getting optimized of late - i may grab one myself as they fall.more towards my needs. I believe the LEAF ones have a shorter hem length now.

The SV is warmer overall, still breathes extremely well as a synth fill layer, and has more overall coverage. If you work where it really gets cold, that increased depth and coverage may come into play.
    No experience with the SV but a lot with LTs in North GA. It's pretty amazing the temp range it handles comfortably. Best jacket I've ever owned. An LT is all my son in AK/Anchorage area gets by with adding a layer here and a rain she'll over it there.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    No experience with the SV but a lot with LTs in North GA. It's pretty amazing the temp range it handles comfortably. Best jacket I've ever owned. An LT is all my son in AK/Anchorage area gets by with adding a layer here and a rain she'll over it there.
    Dang, that's good experience...how long has he had it and the range of temps?
    VDMSR.com

User Tag List