Page 30 of 40 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: Coordinated Attacks in Paris, France

Uh-oh...Russia and France are now allied in fighting IS - http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articl...eps-up-strikes

Wow - could we be seeing a US-France-Russia allied force taking on IS? If China joins the fight, we only need some Facists in Italy and racists in Germany to get WWIII kicked off.

This seems like a good enough explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Cunningham View Post
    That Ron Paul article is absolutely worth reading - but Ron Paul is of course a "nut" and "crazy". So says Democrat and Republican politicians, so it must be true.
    Ignoring or downplaying Iran's status as a global sponsor of Shi'a terror groups is where he loses me.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Cunningham View Post
    That Ron Paul article is absolutely worth reading - but Ron Paul is of course a "nut" and "crazy". So says Democrat and Republican politicians, so it must be true.
    It is worth reading, as an example of a false dichotomy.

It is possible to simultaneously believe that:

1) The American government's endless fascination with "regime change" is asinine and counterproductive and
    2) Giving weapons to the five guys who are anti-Assad but not radical Islamists in order to effect said "regime change" is retarded, since one could just eliminate the middleman and give them to the 500,000 guys who are anti-Assad but are radical Islamists, and
    3) Really, none of this mess was America's business in the first place and we shouldn't have been in Iraq, but you can't un-ring a bell and...
    4) Thanks to the events of the last quarter century and more, we may not be interested in making war on ISI* but it is interested in making war on us, and so maybe we should kill it, since that is broadly within our national interest.

Further, I'm disappointed in Ron for the whole weak logic in "Because the US and its allies are essentially on the same side as ISIS and other groups – seeking the overthrow of Assad –" because apparently as a child Ron never played any games like Risk or Monopoly with more than two players. Just because Joe and Bobby want to see Jimmy lose, it doesn't necessarily follow that Joey and Bobby are on the same side.

...and before you hit me up with the passive-aggressive "- but Ron Paul is of course a "nut" and "crazy"" schtick, here: Let me turn ninety degrees to my right and snap a pic of the filing cabinet two feet from my chair:

Name:  rand fan.jpg
Views: 226
Size:  60.2 KB
    Last edited by Tamara; 11-17-2015 at 08:16 PM.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

"Because the US and its allies are essentially on the same side as ISIS and other groups – seeking the overthrow of Assad –"
    Balderdash. Maxim 29: "The enemy of my enemy is my enemy's enemy. No more. No less."

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    It is worth reading, as an example of a false dichotomy.

It is possible to simultaneously believe that:

1) The American government's endless fascination with "regime change" is asinine and counterproductive and
    2) Giving weapons to the five guys who are anti-Assad but not radical Islamists in order to effect said "regime change" is retarded, since one could just eliminate the middleman and give them to the 500,000 guys who are anti-Assad but are radical Islamists, and
    3) Really, none of this mess was America's business in the first place and we shouldn't have been in Iraq, but you can't un-ring a bell and...
    4) Thanks to the events of the last quarter century and more, we may not be interested in making war on ISI* but it is interested in making war on us, and so maybe we should kill it, since that is broadly within our national interest.

Further, I'm disappointed in Ron for the whole weak logic in "Because the US and its allies are essentially on the same side as ISIS and other groups – seeking the overthrow of Assad –" because apparently as a child Ron never played any games like Risk or Monopoly with more than two players. Just because Joe and Bobby want to see Jimmy lose, it doesn't necessarily follow that Joey and Bobby are on the same side.

...and before you hit me up with the passive-aggressive "- but Ron Paul is of course a "nut" and "crazy"" schtick, here: Let me turn ninety degrees to my right and snap a pic of the filing cabinet two feet from my chair:
    It must be a mid-west thing - I honestly have a very difficult time following you due to your writing style. It's hard for me to decipher, what with your round-about way of getting to a point and your folksy idioms.

If Garrison Keillor was really into 1911s, you'd have met your match.
    Last edited by Jay Cunningham; 11-17-2015 at 09:07 PM.

I am worried that I usually get Tam....
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    I am worried that I usually get Tam....
    Some people just get each other.

Quote Originally Posted by GardoneVT View Post
    No different then the Christian preachers stateside who sermonize against adultery then get busted hiring a prostitute or a female congregation member.
    Much like Republicans vs Democrats, Christians frequently screw everything up by deviating from the plan, while Islamists destroy everything up by following their plan to the letter.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

"Turkish sports fans boo moment of silence for Paris victims"

Apparently all the "moderate" Muslims stayed home. Listen to their chant!
    Last edited by Tom_Jones; 11-17-2015 at 11:24 PM. Reason: fixed link and embedded video

User Tag List