Page 22 of 40 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: Coordinated Attacks in Paris, France

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    In case anyone thinks there aren't ISIS supporters or at the least apologists in the American left.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015...?intcmp=hplnws

Minnesota Democrat ends bid for state assembly seat after sympathetic Islamic State tweet
    I also love it when leftists take it upon themselves to be the final arbiters of what constitutes "true" Islam, as if they're Quranic scholars.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    When your campus darlings finish their metamorphosis 21st century version of the Weather Underground and Students for Democratic Society and are blowing things up and otherwise violently trying to suppress the constitutional rights of Americans - you bet.

"I need some Muscle here" is just a first step.
    So, we might as well preemptively attack them, huh? I mean those dirty commie liberals who want to repeal the Second Amendment, by following Constitutional Procedure of submitting an amendment to repeal the 2nd Amendment (nevermind the fact that such an amendment would never get traction or sufficient approval to pass) - what bastards. Let's oppress their rights to keep them from doing something to potentially, maybe, oppress mine! Their kind has been violent before! Let's kill 'em!

Where have I seen that before? Hmm...https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruby_Ridge - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waco_siege -

There are a lot of people "no better than ISIS". But so far, I haven't found anyone who is better that I trust enough to pass judgement on them.

Just like the Charlie Hebdo thread, I'll make this point one more time - When the terrorists have you seeing shadows at every turn and getting ready to conduct war on your own citizens, regardless of their slant - they have won. What you guys don't get is - we passed the event horizon long, long, long ago. When we set a precedent that we would rather imprison American citizens if they are the same color/ethnicity/religion/etc. as whomever we believe we are at war with.

Oceania is at war with Eastasia - it has always been at war with Eastasia.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    So, we might as well preemptively attack them, huh? I mean those dirty commie liberals who want to repeal the Second Amendment, by following Constitutional Procedure of submitting an amendment to repeal the 2nd Amendment (nevermind the fact that such an amendment would never get traction or sufficient approval to pass) - what bastards. Let's oppress their rights to keep them from doing something to potentially, maybe, oppress mine! Their kind has been violent before! Let's kill 'em!

Where have I seen that before? Hmm...https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruby_Ridge - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waco_siege -

There are a lot of people "no better than ISIS". But so far, I haven't found anyone who is better that I trust enough to pass judgement on them.

Just like the Charlie Hebdo thread, I'll make this point one more time - When the terrorists have you seeing shadows at every turn and getting ready to conduct war on your own citizens, regardless of their slant - they have won. What you guys don't get is - we passed the event horizon long, long, long ago. When we set a precedent that we would rather imprison American citizens if they are the same color/ethnicity/religion/etc. as whomever we believe we are at war with.

Oceania is at war with Eastasia - it has always been at war with Eastasia.
    1) Who said Preemptively attack them? I didn't.
    When your campus darlings finish their metamorphosis
    RIF.

2) Your campus darlings have no intention of following constitutional processes - "I need Some Muscle" = use of physical force to unlawfully prevent others from exercising those pesky first amendment rights in their "safe spaces". You have a group of people who have demonstrated they have no respect for the rights of others and they are willing and able to use physical force to prevent the exercise of those rights. They are just much bullies as the Klan.

History is cyclic. The leftist violence of the 1960's and 1970's was not the first wave leftist / anarchist violence in U.S. History and it wont be the last. It doesn't take a crystal ball to see we are due for another round.
    Last edited by HCM; 11-16-2015 at 12:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    I think I'll pass on refighting WWII and the Cold War in this thread. Jay and I can agree to disagree.
    I'm not here to fight with you, brother.

Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    Remember that the Greatest Generation did not do anything about Europe until after Pearl Harbor. Even with evidence of Soviet and German atrocities (Katyn forest, concentration camps), the USA did nothing to help Europe but Lend Lease and some prominent Americans (Henry Ford, Charles Lindbergh) were tolerant, if not fans, of Hitler. It was not until US forces and territory were attacked that the US went into overdrive and decided that Europe required US action.
    I'm not saying I agree with you 100%, but I like your dispassionate viewpoint. And I agree with you about 87.3%.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    When the terrorists have you seeing shadows at every turn and getting ready to conduct war on your own citizens, regardless of their slant - they have won. What you guys don't get is - we passed the event horizon long, long, long ago. When we set a precedent that we would rather imprison American citizens if they are the same color/ethnicity/religion/etc. as whomever we believe we are at war with.
    The bad guys won a long time ago, then. Korematsu v US, anyone?

It should also be noted that many black men went to war in WWII for a country who treated them only slightly better then Hitler treated the Jews in the same period .
    Last edited by GardoneVT; 11-16-2015 at 01:22 AM.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    *"Zero to jackboot" is a Tam quote BTW.
    That's not surprising. Tam apparently despises Germans and considers all of them Nazis. At least that what her posts lead me to believe.

Site Supporter
    I'm really grieved to see this happen to any nation, and I hope that this isn't the kind of fallout that we can expect from the open door immigration policy that most of Europe has adopted.

My prayers are with the families. As far as belief systems and Islam. I'm a Christian, and I obviously would desire that everyone would be that way as well (not to control them not for me to gain power, etc.) but I think that in any belief system when you get to a point where other individuals must die if they don't conform. That's too extreme and intolerant. I'm not going to get into the context of my beliefs/relationship with God because I think largely that conversation's ship has sailed.

I will say this has me seriously considering getting a Glock 26 Gen 4 and a AIWB holster to try AIWB one last time (Two inguinal hernias repaired makes me shy about something applying pressure down there *but* I have to find a way to carry regularly). What is described here is not much different than the Kenyan shooting. Really, the primary difference in the attack is it was distributed across a larger area and there weren't any suicide bombers.

I'll be interested to see how Europe responds to this in regards to immigration stances.

God Bless,

Brandon

ETA: I'm also posting under the stance that these guys were immigrants; I've seen evidence that some are but they may have very well been nationals. I will say, if hundred of people can get across a border unchecked (like they do here) without confrontation; they can smuggle bombs and guns just as easily.
    Last edited by BWT; 11-16-2015 at 01:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BWT View Post
    I'm really grieved to see this happen to any nation, and I hope that this isn't the kind of fallout that we can expect from the open door immigration policy that most of Europe has adopted.
    It is precisely the kind of fallout we can expect from the open door immigration policy that most of Europe - and Canada and The U.S. - has adopted.

Your Christian faith will not avail you here - it will not, brother.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Cunningham View Post
    It is precisely the kind of fallout we can expect from the open door immigration policy that most of Europe - and Canada and The U.S. - has adopted.
    I was talking to a buddy of mine in the military Saturday, and he said the best thing we have going for us is the massive oceans we have on our east and the west. He went so far to say as that's the only thing that's prevented us from having one yet, and honestly; I don't disagree. Heck, to a smaller scale we already have; several times (Fort Hood, the recruiter's station just recently, Boston Bombing), etc.

Your Christian faith will not avail you here - it will not, brother.
    Oh, I understand. I just wanted to be consistent to discuss it in places it would and wouldn't have benefited me (I've mentioned it before). I think there could be a side discussion on personal beliefs and how they should mingle with peers, etc. I do believe there's very substantial differences between Christianity and Islam. Not to discriminate but Islam is definitely different in it's modern iteration; at least what's considered radical Islam or non-secular Islam. I'll be careful to add I'm not saying any of this to be self-righteous or high and mighty.

Anyway,

I'll leave it at that for now.

God Bless and have a good night (What're we doing posting this late?),

Brandon

User Tag List