Page 15 of 40 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Coordinated Attacks in Paris, France

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    A Nazi occupied Europe that developed high tech weaponry from jets to missile and nuclear weapons would have been a great threat than the Soviet Union. The latter had some rationality. The Nazis didn't.
    So the Nazis were crazy but the Bolsheviks were rational. I mean, we allied ourselves with them, so they must have been.

It's weird that elements of the U.S. government and media are currently agitating to get into a war with nuclear-armed Russia right now. I guess Putin must be an existential threat to us.

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    I am a Golden Rule kind of person. Want to live in peace as neighbors, I will happily respect your beliefs and wish you well. Want to eradicate me because of my religious beliefs or force me to convert.....well, one of us is going to die trying and I will work hard at making it you. Want to support those who wish to subjugate by the sword........two way street.
    /Thread
    /Genocide
    /World Peace Discussion
    probably even...
    /World Hunger
    /.22LR ammo shortage

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Cunningham View Post
    How about banning all immigration from all Middle Eastern and African countries? Does that violate our Constitution?

Well, according to some domestic radicals the Constitution should be rewritten and brought up to date anyway, so whats a little more white-out?

Pretty good documentary on France's intervention in Mali in 2013-2014.

The tricky bit is not turning into something worse than the thing you're fighting. Germany turned to the Nazi's to keep the Communist out.

Stomping on an enumerated right to protect against a few people doing bad things is not the best way to solve problems. We don't call for repeal of the Second Amendment because of mass shootings.

We've talked before about the European "zero to jackboot" time. Keep in mind that Europe's leaders are also aware of this factor, and are more afraid of what their countries could become.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    Stomping on an enumerated right to protect against a few people doing bad things is not the best way to solve problems. We don't call for repeal of the Second Amendment because of mass shootings.
    Quite a few libs do just that.

The tricky bit is not turning into something worse than the thing you're fighting.
    At least on the surface of it - the thing that we're fighting gang rapes women, beheads people, burns them alive, randomly guns down crowds, and blows themselves up in suicide attacks.

How do "we" turn into something worse than this?

Site Supporter
    How about banning all immigration from all Middle Eastern and African countries? Does that violate our Constitution?
    No. Congress has discretion over immigration and naturalization per article 1, Section 8, clause 4 of the constitution.

Of course what about Balkan Muslims? Indonesians ? Former soviet republics?

Hard to make that accomplish what you're trying to accomplish.

Also what is your definition of "immigration " by definition immigrants are those coming to live permanently in the United States. Are you talking about immigrants are you talking about nonimmigrant visitors as well? How about students? Business people? Diplomats?

I'm all for the sovereign right of nations to control their borders but the devil is in the details.
    Last edited by HCM; 11-14-2015 at 09:27 PM.

The tricky bit is not turning into something worse than the thing you're fighting. Germany turned to the Nazi's to keep the Communist out.

We've talked before about the European "zero to jackboot" time. Keep in mind that Europe's leaders are also aware of this factor, and are more afraid of what their countries could become.
    Reading your statement - you have a massive amount of animosity towards White Europeans. All of the stuff that's occurring, and you still can't get past wringing your hands over what Europeans *might* do? You're worried about Nazis and jackboots? That's the real problem?

Nobody believes in this guilt trip anymore.

At least on the surface of it - the thing that we're fighting gang rapes women, beheads people, burns them alive, randomly guns down crowds, and blows themselves up in suicide attacks.

How do "we" turn into something worse than this?
    By doing the same things, which is what we have to do, to defeat ideological crusaders of this type. I'm not going to go through my whole long rant about this subject again, I'll just keep it short.

"Las Ideas Son A Prueba de Balas" - Ideas are BULLETPROOF.

Drop a nuke? Won't do any good. Target leaders and kill them? New people will take their place.

If you want to defeat this ideology, you must do so in most vicious, and unrepentant way possible. You have to kill every single person who has ever been associated with radical Islamic terrorism. The financiers, the entire families of these people. Every single person who has ever supported them verbally or physically or even mentally. Nuke some cities? That's nothing here guys. We're talking Sherman Marches to the Sea - kill every single, burn everything to the fucking ground, salt the entire Earth. Then you stick their heads on pikes in front of your HQ and make them realize the cost of supporting jihad in this manner is too expensive. You don't just do it in the Middle East, you do it everywhere. If you don't do it. Which, we as a global culture, never will. Then we must face the fact that radical Islamic terrorists will continue to murder our friends, family, and peers, and go unpunished for such deeds. At present they are no more an existential threat to Western culture than Zen Buddhism is, so I really don't worry too much about it.

Frankly, if you choose to declare a holy war on Islam, the best thing to do is simultaneously declare holy wars on all religion and end organized religion altogether, but that's another, related, issue.

-Rob

User Tag List