Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How to win a bar fight?

How to win a bar fight?

http://fearlessmen.com/how-to-win-a-bar-fight/

Interesting quote: "Absolutely don’t introduce a weapon unless you’re outgunned and outnumbered."
    Most of this seems like good advice, except maybe the quote from above.
    Cody
    That a well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state;

Butters, the d*** shooter Byron's Avatar
    If they are in pain, for a moment they cannot attack.
    Ha!
    "If you run into an a**hole in the morning, you ran into an a**hole. If you run into a**holes all day, you're the a**hole." - Raylan Givens

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    I didn't read the linked article, and perhaps I'm a pussy, but I win bar fights by not getting into bar fights.
    By not going to bars.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    By not going to bars.

That's what I do. I'm undefeated aswell.

I didn't read the linked article, and perhaps I'm a pussy, but I win bar fights by not getting into bar fights.
    And we have a winner!

This.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911guy View Post
    Yeah, but you look like a tactical hobo in flip flops.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    A world without violence is about as likely as a world where I get to, um, "date" at least 3 A-list actresses and/or supermodels every single day. Ain't happening.

OK, to be clear: A "bar fight" may not occur in a bar. The article is actually pretty good. And the first piece of advice is to assess the situation (situational awareness), and get out if you can. But when faced with the situation.
    I kinda like this website. It's hard to find places where men can talk about...being men.
    Cody
    That a well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state;

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    By not going to bars.
    Correct.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by cclaxton View Post
    The article is actually pretty good.
    I respectfully disagree. Claiming that a human "cannot attack" while suffering pain is remarkably easy to falsify.

It's dangerous advice, especially followed by the classic recommendations of eye gouges and testicle strikes.

The article has some good advice in it (like avoidance), but it's mashed in with so much bullshit that it's hard for me to take the piece seriously.
    "If you run into an a**hole in the morning, you ran into an a**hole. If you run into a**holes all day, you're the a**hole." - Raylan Givens

Just to illustrate a little better for the folks who won't read the article;

It is terribly easy to touch someone’s eyeball as they are coming in to tackle or hit you. A poke is great, but even barely wiping their eye will disturb them enough for you to terminate this conflict.
    1. No: it's absolutely not easy to touch someone's eyeball while they are coming in for a take down or strike.

2. No: barely wiping someone's eye is not enough to "terminate this conflict." If this was remotely true, cops wouldn't need multiple force tools. Pepper spray is more painful than barely wiping an eye. Yet there are hundreds (if not thousands) of videos showing suspects violently resisting arrest, even when completely blinded by spray.

User Tag List