Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: GM: "We told ya so on small pickups"

Quote Originally Posted by Willard View Post
    No offense intended to those who view things differently, but due to the bailout, I will no longer support GM et al. When my 08 Silverado dies, I will replace it with something non-union made. I used to think buying American was patriotic, even though I fully anticipated paying more in maintenance and a shorter working life. Now I kinda see it like writing a check to the DNC.
    I don't fault this logic at all. The GM bailout and union facts also bother me when I look upon one of these new Canyon/Colorado pickups and contemplate buying one.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    Raptor....they are like the HK of trucks. They are for the sophisticate without a timer and a person who gives not a care such proletariat things like gas mileage.

I don't know what we are going to do with JodyH....shoots HK's and drives a Glock. Sort of a yin and yang thing.
    I dig Raptors (I was checking out some spy shots of a 2017 crew cab just this morning)....buuuut --

Raptors are more like the Salient Tier 3 G17 of pickups
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

I like those minimalist trucks in 4x4 like the old Toyotas. Or like the trucks Steve Irwin drove in Crocodile hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    I dig Raptors (I was checking out some spy shots of a 2017 crew cab just this morning)....buuuut --

I know their is a smilie....but....no. The beauty of the Raptor is not having to do a thing to the drivetrain or suspension at all. I ll stick with my analogy. I would look at some of the high end drift cars as a better comparison, or some of the glass bodied off road vehicles.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post

You were drooling all over my Raptor in '11 at TLGs class.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    Raptor....they are like the HK of trucks. They are for the sophisticate without a timer and a person who gives not a care such proletariat things like gas mileage.

I don't know what we are going to do with JodyH....shoots HK's and drives a Glock. Sort of a yin and yang thing.
    That's an awesome analogy!! That's probably why my off-duty pistol is an HK.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackdog View Post
    You were drooling all over my Raptor in '11 at TLGs class.
    Yes, yes I was! And again at ECQC in '12. I still dig 'em The '17s are shaping up to be pretty badass too.

I will admit to being a bit of a vehicular hipster. I thought they were cool before they were cool and now that they're cool they're a little less cool. [/derp]
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

I had a raptor for 35,000 miles, and the truck was correct in every way, but I have a heavy foot and drive 30-40k miles a year. 11-12mpg is less than ideal. Sold it for an LX 470, which was even more correct, was extremely offroad capable from the hill country of texas to the sandy beaches of matagorda, and tip top...my wife rolls with an LX 470 to this day, as they are amazing machines. I swore I'd never buy domestic again.

That said, I sold my LX 470 with 150,000 miles on it for damn near 20k, and bought lifted/leveled/tweaked Colorado Z71 edition, and have 10k miles on it. Chevy did it right, it can tow my boat easily, and I can park in downtown Houston with no issues. It's capable off road because it's so light, it's beautiful at the beach in very loose sand, and I'm seeing 19-21mpg on the highway. I'm liking it.
    Last edited by 223AI; 11-15-2015 at 08:08 PM.

Eight years ago, we built a remote cabin in Alaska, 100 miles from the road system. The bulk of the materials came out in two C-130 Herc loads (we also flew 220 loads in a Cessna 206, Cessna 185 and Bell L4, but that is another story). We had an opportunity to bring a vehicle out in one Herc load, and it we picked a new Tacoma. They asked us whether we wanted the extended warrantee, and we declined, since it would be $56,000 round trip to get the truck back and forth to town on a Herc. The truck has not given us a lick of problem, and it sits out there all winter, without being used, when it can get to -40F.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Consumer Reports "Top 20" list of most unreliable new vehicles 2015.
    #8 - Chevrolet Colorado

The Toyota's were on the other list...
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

User Tag List