Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: GM: "We told ya so on small pickups"

Quote Originally Posted by JDM View Post
    Do you have any idea how strange it is to see a WHITE C-130?
    They are pretty rare, Lockheed only made about 100 L-100s before they ended production.
    "The rocket worked perfectly, except for landing on the wrong planet." - Wernher Von Braun

http://www.teampegleg.com

Quote Originally Posted by 223AI View Post
    I had a raptor for 35,000 miles, and the truck was correct in every way, but I have a heavy foot and drive 30-40k miles a year. 11-12mpg is less than ideal. Sold it for an LX 470, which was even more correct, was extremely offroad capable from the hill country of texas to the sandy beaches of matagorda, and tip top...my wife rolls with an LX 470 to this day, as they are amazing machines. I swore I'd never buy domestic again.

That said, I sold my LX 470 with 150,000 miles on it for damn near 20k, and bought lifted/leveled/tweaked Colorado Z71 edition, and have 10k miles on it. Chevy did it right, it can tow my boat easily, and I can park in downtown Houston with no issues. It's capable off road because it's so light, it's beautiful at the beach in very loose sand, and I'm seeing 19-21mpg on the highway. I'm liking it.
    Keep me updated on it.

I spoke to a new Colorado Z71 owner at the county dump, he mentioned that it was shifting wrongly and that he was awaiting a software patch for the transmission. It really is too bad they don't offer these with a stick shift for the diesel and V6.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Keep me updated on it.

I spoke to a new Colorado Z71 owner at the county dump, he mentioned that it was shifting wrongly and that he was awaiting a software patch for the transmission. It really is too bad they don't offer these with a stick shift for the diesel and V6.
    I've not experienced that, but I am taking it in for it's first oil change this week (which surprised me at almost 10k on the odometer), and am having them run the traps to see what, if any, updates need to happen. I drive a lot, mostly highway and on garbage City of Houston streets, and can't complain about the power or shifting...this "small" truck is putting out 305hp, has 7000lb towing capacity, and eats up everything I throw at it. I love it. The only thing that I have had an issue with is the cabin air filter not being seated properly from the factory, so the AC will sometimes whistle at highway speed. Easy fix, and of course covered under warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by DamonL View Post
    I think Ford trucks can be an option. They were not bailed out like GM.
    Which opinion is bolstered by constant rumors of Ford bringing the Ranger back to the USA. We'll see how that works out. They even stopped making the Explorer Sport Trac, which was a good alternative for what most Americans use a pick up truck for, i.e., not much.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    Which opinion is bolstered by constant rumors of Ford bringing the Ranger back to the USA. We'll see how that works out. They even stopped making the Explorer Sport Trac, which was a good alternative for what most Americans use a pick up truck for, i.e., not much.
    However, the new Explorer is now not truck based, I believe.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by JDM View Post
    Do you have any idea how strange it is to see a WHITE C-130?
    No?

Sport Trac wasn't, either. Sort of a large-sized Subaru Baja. (Remember the Brat?)

Like I said, adequate for what most use it for.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

We use Fords at work. The pickups are pretty durable. Pickups live a damn hard life in the oilfield and the F series does great for 100k hard miles.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    However, the new Explorer is now not truck based, I believe.
    It's not, it's part of Ford's global platform, so a lot of the structural bits it shares with the new Taurus/Police Interceptors. That hasn't stopped the new Exploder from becoming the most popular vehicle in law enforcement though.

I love small trucks, I learned to drive in a Mitsubishi Mighty Max, drove a Ford Ranger for a while, my first car I bought with my own money was a '99 Ford Explorer sport with the V6. I loved that truck, I drove it until it had 200k miles on it. Traded it in for a Subaru that I drove to 100k, then bought the Charger. Which I love, but I'm kind of thinking about trading in...for another truck.

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    No?

That must be some of the new HC-103Js, it is so new it doesn't have the streak of exhaust on the horizontal stabilizer.
    "The rocket worked perfectly, except for landing on the wrong planet." - Wernher Von Braun

http://www.teampegleg.com

User Tag List