Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: TruGlo TFX Pro sights

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    Big Dot.
    They work just fine, but then again I shot XS sights for several years so they aren't a mystery to me.
    I was 6 out of 8 on a 10" plate at 50Y with my PPS when was checking them for windage the other day.
    I was planning on doing a video of shooting the XS at 50Y so I can show it every time someone says they aren't good beyond 7 yards.
    Maybe I'll do that Sunday, tomorrow is going to be windy (25+mph) and cold (high in the low 40's) neither of which are conducive to 50Y shooting.
    didn't chuck say he used xs big dots for awhile?

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    Big Dot.
    They work just fine, but then again I shot XS sights for several years so they aren't a mystery to me.
    I was 6 out of 8 on a 10" plate at 50Y with my PPS when was checking them for windage the other day.
    I was planning on doing a video of shooting the XS at 50Y so I can show it every time someone says they aren't good beyond 7 yards.
    Maybe I'll do that Sunday, tomorrow is going to be windy (25+mph) and cold (high in the low 40's) neither of which are conducive to 50Y shooting.
    Would like to see that video when you get a chance. I don't think I would want them on my 19 but they might be an option when the PPS gets here.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Holy crap, TruGlo makes a TFX Pro fiber optic front for the PX4. Sold.

Hit the range today.
    Straight off I'll say Trijicon HD's are better sights.
    But...
    The TFX Pro's are a dang good alternative if HD's aren't available or the HD's for your particular pistol suck (*cough* PPS *cough*).
    The Tritium glows great under no light and along with the fiber optic shows up well under moderate light, during the day it's typical bright fiber optic goodness.
    They are typical "drive the dot" POA/POI inside 7Y, "top center of the front blade" out to 35Y and "Lollipop" at 50Y. Just like my HD's.

If I was designing these sights to be perfect (and to dethrone the HD's) I'd rework the rear sight to have smaller diameter dim yellow fiber optic/tritium.
    As is, all three dots are the same size and same brightness and the front just does not stand out like it should (and HD's do).

I plan on buying 3 more sets of TFX Pro's, 2 for my Walther PPS's and one for my Kahr PM9.
    But on my H&K's I'll just keep my orange HD's (except the VP9 that's currently wearing the TFX's). They aren't good enough to replace existing HD's, but they also aren't "bad" enough to replace with HD's.
    Last edited by JodyH; 11-21-2015 at 03:24 PM.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by GreggW View Post
    Would like to see that video when you get a chance. I don't think I would want them on my 19 but they might be an option when the PPS gets here.
    After playing with the TFX Pro's, I'd go with them over the HD's or the XS on a PPS.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."

So what would you recommend for a G19?
    CAP, the new TFO’s, XS or the HD’s

I have Ameriglo Hackathorn's on my Glocks, because they were the best thing going back when I was shooting Glocks. My knowledge of current Glock options is limited.

I just picked up a VP9 and its a keeper. I've never spent the dough to replace my stock sights, but I'm going to with this one. Jody, for a HD gun, would you go with the TFxPros or the HDs if you were having to make the choice for your main weapon? Thanks!
    Last edited by BamBam70; 12-06-2015 at 12:26 PM.

Will these work on a p30?
    Makers of fine leather for the 1911

Quote Originally Posted by BamBam70 View Post
    I just picked up a VP9 and its a keeper. I've never spent the dough to replace my stock sights, but I'm going to with this one. Jody, for a HD gun, would you go with the TFxPros or the HDs if you were having to make the choice for your main weapon? Thanks!
    On the VP9 I've been using the TFX Pros on my carry pistol because of their lower profile and smoother edges.
    The HD's are good sights for the VP9 since they don't have as sharp of edges on them as the PPS HD's do.
    It's a toss up as to which look better to your eyes.
    Last edited by JodyH; 12-06-2015 at 08:09 PM.

User Tag List