Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Haggard is a special snowflake.
    Chuck can shoot.

I hate him.
    For info about training or to contact me:
    Immediate Action Combatives

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    Jody H et al.,

Bottom Line Are the TFX's ready for prime time relative to the VCD/Haggard/Predator set up of the .140 orange Ameriglo Front with the .180 Pro Operator rear?
    Maybe. I spent a good chunk of time looking at Ameriglo's website to see if there was a rear I liked better and I might give a single green dot rear a try, I keep seeing pics of a single yellow but that isn't in the 2015 catalog / item list.

I've got to get more love fire time in with the sights but so far they seem pretty solid.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

I'm not really the guy to go to for getting into the minutia of sights.
    My criteria for sights is basically can I see them? Can I hit shit with them? Are they no snag for carry?
    If it's yes to all three I'll make it work.
    Last edited by JodyH; 01-20-2016 at 02:30 PM.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Hey Jody and others....how do you find the orange circle on the TFX pros compares to the white circle on the regular TFX? Since a lot of PPQ/P99 sights work on the PPS I bought a set of the TFX pros to put on my PPS but the longer front sight won't work. But I just got a P99 AS and PPQ 45 so I slapped the front TFX pro on P99 (with crappy stock rear) to try out and I noticed the orange ring was nearly invisible in the low light of the indoor range. In contrast the large white dot on the stock PPS sight popped a lot more in the low light which makes me wonder if the white painted ring on the regular TFX wouldn't stand out more in low light situations. In bright light the Pros FO are great and in near darkness the Pros tritium pops but in lower light at that range, the TFX pros seem no better than Trijicons or other tritium dots since that orange circle just doesn't stand out. I wish Truglo sold just the front sight so I could try out the white ring to compare. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Red7 View Post
    Hey Jody and others....how do you find the orange circle on the TFX pros compares to the white circle on the regular TFX? Since a lot of PPQ/P99 sights work on the PPS I bought a set of the TFX pros to put on my PPS but the longer front sight won't work. But I just got a P99 AS and PPQ 45 so I slapped the front TFX pro on P99 (with crappy stock rear) to try out and I noticed the orange ring was nearly invisible in the low light of the indoor range. In contrast the large white dot on the stock PPS sight popped a lot more in the low light which makes me wonder if the white painted ring on the regular TFX wouldn't stand out more in low light situations. In bright light the Pros FO are great and in near darkness the Pros tritium pops but in lower light at that range, the TFX pros seem no better than Trijicons or other tritium dots since that orange circle just doesn't stand out. I wish Truglo sold just the front sight so I could try out the white ring to compare. Thanks!
    I think what you're experiencing isn't really indicative of TFX sights so much as the color spectrum and how it reacts to light in general. I've noticed on a couple of sets of sights now that have an orange front (instead of white or other colors) that they disappear in low light sooner than white. It's one of the reasons why I'm looking at swapping the sights on my Shield from what they are now to something that has a White/Green/Yellow front sight.

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    I think what you're experiencing isn't really indicative of TFX sights so much as the color spectrum and how it reacts to light in general. I've noticed on a couple of sets of sights now that have an orange front (instead of white or other colors) that they disappear in low light sooner than white. It's one of the reasons why I'm looking at swapping the sights on my Shield from what they are now to something that has a White/Green/Yellow front sight.
    Yes, that's what I'm thinking that the white ring would do a little better in lower light situations such as indoor ranges. I called Truglo to find out if I could switch out the Orange TFX Pro front sight for the White TFX front sight but they can't do that. He wouldn't admit it but I got the idea that they may be coming out with white pros in the near future. I'd like to buy 3-4 sets but don't want to do that until I know if the white ones show up better in low light. Hopefully, someone who has shot both the TFX and TFX pros can chime in. My guess is orange is better in bright light and white better in low light. These are sweet sights none the less.

They need to come out with TFX Pros with a white ring up front and yellow fibers on the rear with shaded top light windows. Just a hint of yellow dots in daylight and tritium fueled yellow dots in low light. Keep the green fiber up front.
    Last edited by Jay Cunningham; 05-15-2016 at 07:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Katar View Post
    They need to come out with TFX Pros with a white ring up front and yellow fibers on the rear with shaded top light windows. Just a hint of yellow dots in daylight and tritium fueled yellow dots in low light. Keep the green fiber up front.
    Can Tom make that variation for you on his 3D printer?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Ive installed a few of those for Grizzly21. He is a Glock fanboy...

Anyway, they look pretty good. If you are LE you can email the company and get the TFX Pro's for ~$108.72.
    Last edited by KeeFus; 05-15-2016 at 07:56 PM.

I have these on my mod.2 .45. Best sights I have ever used. I can see them perfectly, in any lighting condition. They really work well for the type of training/practice that I do. Which is 2-3 heart & head shots, or panic mag dumps, all from drawing. These "drills" involve looking over the sights, using a combo of my perifial vision/point shooting. The brightness stands out very well using them like this. This usually gives me 5" groups, or smaller. If I actually look through them, I can drive tacks out to 20 yrds. Most of my training is inside of 15 yds, although the sights still perform perfectly out to 50 yrds (I don't shoot pistols past 50).

User Tag List