Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: .300 Blackout recommendations

Quote Originally Posted by johnson View Post
    Why's it gotta be the 16"?

How's your BA barrel shooting?
    Haha, that's the same thing my buddy said when I sent him the link. They have a 12.5" as well, but it's sold out.

I've got the BA barrel and all the other parts in from my BF shopping, but I'm having the upper, lower, and rail cerakoted next week. I'll report back when it's all together and then again when it's shot.

Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I guess Springfield's SME hasn't heard that he can legally shoulder that thing. As far as the marketing in that video, I believe telling people "with a suppressor and subsonic ammunition, the gun makes zero noise" is not only false, but does us "zero" favors when it comes to ignorant public/legislator perception of suppressors/AR's. The same can be said about repeatedly stressing "combat" this, "combat" that, "combat, combat, combat". No, just no.

If money was no object, and you knew where to find one.......... a 8.5” or 12.5 original Noveske SBR with the .300 BLK optimized switch block would be my personal choice. Unfortunately, there were less than 100 made during the initial production run. Even if one could locate one, it would be nearly impossible to validate it’s pedigree.

In which case, just buy whichever gun makes you happy and meets your needs.
    You can get much more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean M View Post
    If money was no object, and you knew where to find one.......... a 8.5” or 12.5 original Noveske SBR with the .300 BLK optimized switch block would be my personal choice. Unfortunately, there were less than 100 made during the initial production run. Even if one could locate one, it would be nearly impossible to validate it’s pedigree.

In which case, just buy whichever gun makes you happy and meets your needs.
    Glad to see you posting! Quick question, have you used Black Butterflies loading of 300 blackout 110gr black tip? I know you’ve recommended that company for another caliber before.
    https://www.blackbutterflyammunition...1x50-c-01-2112

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    AKA: SkyLine1

I don’t use their .300 BLK stuff. There are enough less expensive factory loads, and I roll my own range fodder. For the Big bore stuff I can barely load it for the price he can, and I can’t get the projectiles he can, so it makes it an easy choice for that.
    You can get much more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

User Tag List