Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: .300 Blackout recommendations

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Where do y'all rate the AAC 300 uppers?

I may have a line in a 12.5" at a reasonable price.

Love mine, would buy again.

You've shot my 9.5" AAC upper kit that I built. No issues except when I was loading up those 245gr lead coated sub rounds.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
    AKA: SkyLine1

I decided to build one, I have a 10.5" barrel https://www.odinworks.com/300_Blacko...p/b-300-10.htm and I am picking up the rest of the upper parts tomorrow. I am leaning towards the Silencer Co Omega for a suppressor.

Quote Originally Posted by dsa View Post
    I decided to build one, I have a 10.5" barrel https://www.odinworks.com/300_Blacko...p/b-300-10.htm and I am picking up the rest of the upper parts tomorrow. I am leaning towards the Silencer Co Omega for a suppressor.
    I'm very satisfied with my omega on 556, 300blk and 308. I think it is a great option. I also recommend to go with the flash hider and not the brake for your mount. The brake is not needed on 300blk in my opinion.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
    AKA: SkyLine1

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Just the 11.5" upper. Do like. Do like a lot.

That looks great. Are you shooting mostly super or subsonic ammo, and are you noticing much zero shift with/without the Omega?
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    That looks great. Are you shooting mostly super or subsonic ammo, and are you noticing much zero shift with/without the Omega?
    People shoot unsuppressed?!

I don't shoot unsuppressed rifle if I can help it. About a 2 mil rightward shift with the same Saker on my 700.
    #RESIST

Finally got around to putting my BCM upper together. I originally bought the 8" KMR but found it was too long and interfered with my SDN-6. Swapped out the 8" KMR for the 7" (a relatively simple affair; need to sell the 8" rail now). Looking forward to getting it out to the range this weekend.

"When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Where do y'all rate the AAC 300 uppers?

I may have a line in a 12.5" at a reasonable price.
    300Blk can be finicky in an AR, suppressed and unsuppressed, subsonic and supersonic loads. I've found the AAC uppers run the best given the wide variety of operating conditions. I have a 9" pistol upper, and it runs great! Highly recommended.

After talkin to Defoor about his go to 300blk bcm gun, I think I might get into this in 2016....
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    After talkin to Defoor about his go to 300blk bcm gun, I think I might get into this in 2016....
    What insight did he have?

I'm planning on getting a 12.5" 6.8 SPC upper next year for deer/HD purposes. I already have a 12.5" 5.56 SBR and don't really see an upside to 300 BLK over 6.8 for the occasional shooting that I'll probably do. As someone who doesn't reload and sees no point in shooting subsonics (I don't get excited when shooting guns, suppressed or not), what does 300 BLK do over 6.8?

I did put together an 8" 300 BLK upper with a Noveske barrel years ago but sold it before I put a round through it because ammo prices were still kinda high. The way I see it, either caliber will cost about the same to shoot (hunting ammo) and convert to. Ammo price seems to have gone down too with 300 BLK at $0.37/rd (reloaded) and 6.8 SPC at $0.45 (new) for plinking ammo. PSA currently has an amazing deal on 6.8 SPC 90gr Gold Dots for $10 a box. Since deer season is essentially over it's something I'll have a few months to think about. The only upside I can see right now is that I already have a TBAC 30P-1 and it could be used with the short 300 BLK because of the lower pressure. They don't recommend a barrel length under 14.5" with 6.8 or 5.56.

User Tag List