Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: .300 Blackout recommendations

.300 Blackout recommendations

I am a long time reader who posts very little here and I am looking for some advice please. I got a chance to shoot a .300 Blackout the other day and now I would like buy one and I want to get something decent out of the gate instead of buying something and regretting it. This will be shot 100% suppressed (what suppressor should I get) out to 200yds mostly as a range toy but will see some time thinning the local Coyote population. I reload so adding this caliber into the rotation won't be too much trouble. What do those in the know recommend? Thanks.

All of these are quality and I would be happy with any one that I have listed. I own the KAC SR-30.

Low price Aero

Mid price Bravo Company

Higher price (but amazing)KAC SR-30
    Last edited by LittleLebowski; 11-12-2015 at 03:35 PM.
    #RESIST

I wanted the BCM KMR and didn't know when they were going to release theirs, so I built my own 300BLK upper using a CMMG 8.5" barrel, BCM upper, and KMR. With that being said, I'd buy one of the 8" BCM complete uppers.

As far as suppressors, I run the Advanced Armament 762-SDN-6 http://www.advanced-armament.com/762-SDN-6_p_433.html I have been very happy with the quality and it is super quiet. Lehigh Defense 194 subsonic ammo is great ammo as is their 110 Controlled Chaos (supersonic) I run both of them through my suppressor. Still working on finding the best optic. I have been looking at 300BLK specific ones from Trijicon (ACOG TA-33) or a Leopold Mark6.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    All of these are quality and I would be happy with any one that I have listed. I own the KAC SR-30.

Low price Aero

Mid price Bravo Company

Higher price (but amazing)KAC SR-30
    Yeah, those 9" SR-30 uppers are very hard to come by since KAC stopped making them. You gotta know people who know people...you know what I'm say'en? I've got half a mind to make the trip from NC down to TX to steal yours - I'm thinking that a Versed dart to the internal jugular is in order...you won't remember a thing when you wake up.

OP, you can make a very inexpensive ($700-800) 300blk with any number of AR lowers (CMT, Aero, Mega are what I use), a LPK with a enhanced mil-spec trigger, and an Aero upper.

I'll second the BCM as a great value option. LL told me that he got the SR-30 literally 2 hours after I got an email that the BCM uppers were in stock - pure envy made me buy one. Slap that upper on a blem BCM lower and you've got a great rifle for $900-1000 before stamp and optics.

When it comes to suppressors, I'm a bit of a KAC and SF whore, but take a look at Silencerco - their 30 cal options are hard to beat (I put an Omega in jail after shooting a friends 2 months ago). The Saker is a great can for barrel lengths < 10"; Omega for > 10". I have a SF 300 SPS in jail but it's going to be 4 months before I can give you a firsthand report.
    Last edited by Sensei; 11-13-2015 at 03:55 PM.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

I think I am going to go with one of the BCM uppers what barrel length 12.5" or 16" would be best for a range toy/Coyote killer?

I'd go shorter: 9-11.5 inches. The 300blk is very forgiving at short barrel lengths.
    Last edited by Sensei; 11-13-2015 at 05:05 PM.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

I just bought a BCM 9".

The SR30 uppers are pricey but oh so sweet. Especially the ones with Noveske barrels. I had been eyeing a SR30 upper for a while, but the BCM price point sealed the deal.

LL - did you get an upper or a complete factory SBR?
    Last edited by JSGlock34; 11-13-2015 at 07:25 PM.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Site Supporter
    I know it isn't an AR, but the Ruger American Ranch Rifle looks good and is threaded for a suppressor. Being a bolt-rifle gives you some additional flexibility in your loads.

MSRP is $499, but street price is under $400 (I've seen $350).

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by dsa View Post
    I think I am going to go with one of the BCM uppers what barrel length 12.5" or 16" would be best for a range toy/Coyote killer?
    Of those 2 I'd take the 12.5". Since you'll be adding a 6.5" - 9" suppressor on the end, shorter is better (for me at least). As for the suppressor, there are a lot of models to choose from. We can narrow it done by which you prefer, QD/QA or thread on? Is length and weight a factor for you?

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post

LL - did you get an upper or a complete factory SBR?
    Just the 11.5" upper. Do like. Do like a lot.

Last edited by LittleLebowski; 11-16-2015 at 10:59 AM.
    #RESIST

User Tag List