Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What group shoots stock guns to high standards?

Question What group shoots stock guns to high standards?

"Group" here refers to law enforcment or military group/agency/unit.

"Stock guns" means stock service pistols with stock triggers. Interpret as you will. The spirit of the question here is Glocks, HKs, SIGs, Berettas, etc. with stock triggers.

"High standards"...I don't even know how to begin to define that. Interpret away.

I dunno... Did you try Voda Consulting?

I once watched a pair of Warrant Officer 1's, one of whom went to WOC/Flight School from the Ranger Regiment, and the other from DevGru, spend a pleasant afternoon on North Star Range, outside of Camp Stanley Korea, competing to see who could make the tightest "smiley face" (a la Mel Gibson in Lethal weapon 1). (Making everyone else look like fools, need I add?)
    Note that the M9s in an aviation battalion are not maintained anywhere near as well as those in the Special Operation community.
    So, yeah, those guys.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    I once watched a pair of Warrant Officer 1's, one of whom went to WOC/Flight School from the Ranger Regiment
    Overachiever. I have a friend like that. Enlisted Marine Recon and now a Marine Cobra pilot.
    #RESIST

Without defining 'high standards,' you're not gonna come up with much.
    -C

My blog: The Way of the Multigun

Elite units don't use the weapon; the weapon uses them!

But seriously- you're likely not going to find a consensus, at least with the .mil units. Some guys I know from the Army and Navy SMUs used stock guns throughout their careers, while others had some customization (grip-reductions, etc.).

I have the distinct impression that pure stock among the US Mil's dominant combat pistoleros is unnecessary and possibly uncommon. There are connector swaps, sights swaps, MRDS, KKM compensator etc.
    Last edited by JHC; 11-13-2015 at 09:05 AM.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

One of my pilots had been a Marine DI. Another had spent several years in a unit that does not exist, but makes an appearance in Bowden's Killing Pablo. (My own career seems so boring, maybe because I knew guys who did much cooler shit than I did...)
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    I once watched a pair of Warrant Officer 1's, one of whom went to WOC/Flight School from the Ranger Regiment, and the other from DevGru, spend a pleasant afternoon on North Star Range, outside of Camp Stanley Korea, competing to see who could make the tightest "smiley face" (a la Mel Gibson in Lethal weapon 1). (Making everyone else look like fools, need I add?)
    Note that the M9s in an aviation battalion are not maintained anywhere near as well as those in the Special Operation community.
    So, yeah, those guys.
    It is well established that pilots make the best shooters, and lovers.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Les Pepperoni View Post
    I dunno... Did you try Voda Consulting?

Looks like a prime candidate to dominate Carry Optics!
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

User Tag List