Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Preferred small frame revolver

Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post
    An M&P 340 will be my next pistol, as much for the better sights as anything.
    You do know that lunch will buy you a properly disabled lock on the ti-scan flyweight???

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    Well, you did induce some confusion
    Sorry about that; I do tend to get a bit too detailed at times. But there are entirely too many i-experts who neglect to provide (or they just don't know) the whole picture.

Quote Originally Posted by LSP972 View Post
    Sorry about that; I do tend to get a bit too detailed at times. But there are entirely too many i-experts who neglect to provide (or they just don't know) the whole picture.

Nothing to be sorry about, quite the contrary. The level of detail is exactly what helps me understand things better; it just takes longer but it's worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by LSP972 View Post
    You do know that lunch will buy you a properly disabled lock on the ti-scan flyweight???

Ordering a new plug from the link provided earlier and will make a Maxwell's date when it comes in.

Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post
    Ordering a new plug from the link provided earlier and will make a Maxwell's date when it comes in.
    Well, as much as I like Maxwell's, you can do that one yourself. Just get the hammer and bolt out of the way and punch out the whole mechanism- carefully. Gotta go from frame side to plate side, of course. The plug installs in a snap; just be sure to have a firm grip on the spring clip with your needle noses before inserting it.

Then again, you might enjoy watching me struggle with the main spring and stirrup… so bring it on. I haven't been to Maxwell's in a while…

Site Supporter
    If you want a light revolver, there's a no-lock 342 in the for sale section of the forum (not mine, but tempting). Since the OP sounds like he might wear heavier clothing, maybe a aluminum (442 or 642) or even a steel gun would work in a pocket. I really like to pocket carry my 340PD, but I wear lightweight dress slacks or khakis.

These guys (where I got mine) show they have no-lock 340PDs.

http://www.gunsinternational.com/gun...n_id=100576692

Quote Originally Posted by brianb View Post
    what do you consider proper stocks?
    eagle grips...secret sevice boot grips are fine.....cya retro
    The Thin Blue Line is TOO Thin........Thug Life Must End

I will never voluntarily shoot .357 Magnum with anything lighter than an all-stainless-steel SP101. I may be about to permanently change from Magnums to Specials in my SP101 snubbies, anyway, probably to Buffalo Bore's 150-grain full wadcutters, if they group well, and decently close to point-of-aim. I still like .357 Magnum, when shot with duty/service-sized sixguns.

I like my S&W 642-based Performance Center Airweight, which is chambered for .38 Specials. I have kept it loaded with normal-pressure 125-grain Nyclads.

I have no experience with the LCR.

User Tag List