Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Safariland 537

Has anyone else with one of these noticed any vertical play for the gun in the holster? To elaborate, when trying to pull the firearm from the holster without engaging the release, it has some noticeable give.

Watching the video of SouthNarc demonstrating the holster, I didn't observe this but it happens with my Sig.

The retention screw is as tight as it will go, but thankfully the firearm doesn't seem to break out of the holster.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

Yeah, it'll jiggle up and down by about 1/4" or so with my P229r. Doesn't seem to be of any detriment.

Still happy with the holster so far. The curvature is a little "wide" for my waist....I'd like to have the wings bent in a little more, as wearing it as 3-3:30 results in there being a pretty big gap between my waist and the front of the holster/belt. Anyone have the same thought?
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    The curvature is a little "wide" for my waist....I'd like to have the wings bent in a little more, as wearing it as 3-3:30 results in there being a pretty big gap between my waist and the front of the holster/belt. Anyone have the same thought?
    That's also my impression -- on my 33" waist it doesn't conform very well unless it's back farther than I'd like. It may break in with use.

The other thing I noticed was that if I wear it on a pair of pants that ride at my natural waist(old guy pants), it's high enough that drawing starts to become awkward. I suspect that'd be true of any similar high-rise holster. With pants that ride at my "jeans waist" it's a lot more comfortable.

Here's a comparison of the ride height with a JM IWB:
    Name:  IMG_0011.jpg
Views: 1028
Size:  80.3 KB

On the plus side, I like the solid construction and the draw is fast. I'm not really worried about retention from a grab -- it's more just peace of mind when being active.

Here's a good look at the release lever:
    Name:  IMG_0013.jpg
Views: 921
Size:  57.3 KB

Wanted to bump this up due to the occasional inquiry about concealment holsters with retention.

Also wanted to ask if the 537 across the various generations of Glock (or at least Gens 3-5).
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

Any good mag pouches to pair this with? Safariland has those pretty basic pull the dot style concealment mag carriers but they can be annoying to put on, I'm wondering if there is anything else slim.

Also wondering if safariland happens to make the 537 in G34 or M9 size, that would be interesting (though the G19 is likely most practical).

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HCountyGuy View Post
    Wanted to bump this up due to the occasional inquiry about concealment holsters with retention.

Also wanted to ask if the 537 across the various generations of Glock (or at least Gens 3-5).
    Yes, it works with all generations including G5/M models.

Other than the previously mentioned issue holstering when the retention is 'locked,' it seems there haven't been any negatives. Ordered one to test with an eye toward replacing my ALS.
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

User Tag List