Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Safariland 537

For my fellow Sig carriers, I contacted Safariland about a 537 for the P229R and was informed one is available.

We do have a fit for the P229R. 537-744-411 (411 is black right hand). If you are unable to pull this up on the web my searching the part number, give us a call and we can place an order over the phone for you.
    Last edited by HCountyGuy; 07-15-2016 at 04:31 AM.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

“A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

Quote Originally Posted by HCountyGuy View Post
    For my fellow Sig carriers, I contacted Safariland about a 537 for the P229R and was informed one is available.
    Thank you so much for posting this.

It doesn't show up for me either, so I called and they told me it has to be 537-744-61. Apparently 61 is the leather look, which the 537 is only available in. I just ordered it....apparently it's a custom holster, so it takes 2 weeks+.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Thank you so much for posting this.

It doesn't show up for me either, so I called and they told me it has to be 537-744-61. Apparently 61 is the leather look, which the 537 is only available in. I just ordered it....apparently it's a custom holster, so it takes 2 weeks+.
    Would appreciate it if you post up your thoughts after you've had time to test it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Got my holster for the P229R in today from Safariland, after the seemingly eternal 2-week waiting period. As SouthNarc noted, trying to run a 1.5 inch belt through it is a serious PITA. Luckily I had an old reinforced Wal-Mart belt to play with.

Not sure that I can expand much beyond the review that's already been given. Solid "retention" (since they don't rate it as such) and hugs close to the body. The only issue I had starting out was the locking device not always engaging, resulting in my being able to remove the gun without hitting the release. I believe I may not have been seating the gun in the holster properly or lightly contacting the release. Otherwise it's an outstanding piece of hardware I'm thoroughly enjoying!

Attachment 9683
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

They must've made ours together. Mine is in the mail...might be sitting at the front door as I type this.

So, yeah, the rig was sitting at home waiting for my arrival.

I love this holster so far. It's clearly going to replace my ALS and Raven. Previously I wore the Raven for concealment under jackets when I could reasonably expect to be a gray man, and wore the ALS under jackets when it was clear I was armed so that I had some second-chance reassurance with the retention mechanism.

The 537 conceals just as well as the Raven, but with that reassurance. In addition, unlike any other kydex holster I've tried, the pancake wings on this actually have some give almost like a leather holster. The result is that it conforms better to your waist unlike a kydex pancake. The raven leaves a huge gap with me, for instance.

Does this holster lock on the trigger guard or the ejection port?
    Nobody is impressed by what you can't do. -THJ

Quote Originally Posted by JDM View Post
    Does this holster lock on the trigger guard or the ejection port?
    Trigger guard
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    Trigger guard
    Thanks!
    Nobody is impressed by what you can't do. -THJ

User Tag List