Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Safariland 537

Dude I had to REALLY fight to run my 1.5" Volund through there. I'd say you should be okay.

Doing some more reading and found this. Thoughts?

Caution About Safariland GLS Holsters
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Seems like a one-of problem to me but only time will tell. I have no problem carrying this particular model (537).

A little vid.

https://www.facebook.com/38499303836...30372/?theater
    Last edited by SouthNarc; 11-21-2015 at 02:11 PM. Reason: embedded video

Just so we're clear:

Safariland DOES NOT rate the 537 as a retention holster thus the finger release is in essentially the same category as a thumb break.

Thanks for the heads up, I ordered a 537 for my VP9.
    When I'm out and about in the backcountry I prefer a OWB holster with retention because I'm either busting through brush, climbing around on stuff or riding my motorcycle.
    And even though New Mexico is an open carry state I much prefer concealment, even if it's faux concealment like an unbuttoned shirt or light jacket.
    The 537 looks like it'll be a little lower profile than the 6378 ALS I have been using.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    I'm confused...the only Model 82 I can find is a Bianchi Finger-Lock holster, not an ALS. The ALS "concealment" holster is the 6377/78, I believe..
    http://www.safariland.com/belt-slide...ter-10870.html

Finger lok. I think its same as ALS. Maybe not?
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Sorry, but the bianchi finger lock is an entirely different, and much less secure, mechanism. The ALS is a thumb actuated ejection port locking mechanism. I've yet to see a concealment version that is actually concealable. The 6378 is low profile at best, like detectives in polos and kakhis with a belt worn badge.
    Anything I post is my opinion alone as a private citizen.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by DpdG View Post
    Sorry, but the bianchi finger lock is an entirely different, and much less secure, mechanism. The ALS is a thumb actuated ejection port locking mechanism. I've yet to see a concealment version that is actually concealable. The 6378 is low profile at best, like detectives in polos and kakhis with a belt worn badge.
    Thanks for clarifying.
    When I searched safariland by gun make, thats what it spit out.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Southnarc - Are you carrying a G19 or G17 in your rig?

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Breeze View Post
    Southnarc - Are you carrying a G19 or G17 in your rig?
    19 in the pics.

User Tag List