Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Safariland 537

Safariland 537

I just bought one of these to test after some questions came up on another forum about concealment holsters with a retention device.

http://www.safariland.com/belt-slide...ter-53700.html

It just came in last night and I have to say my initial impressions are pretty favorable, especially for the price point. The retention device is pretty intuitive to use and the holster sits a lot flatter than I was expecting it to.

I'm going to run it through an ECQC this weekend and see if I can get some gun grapple time on it. Time will tell but I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised so far. If your agency mandates a retention device on concealment holsters or you just want one, then this looks to be a viable option.

Site Supporter
    I was just looking at these. How does it compare to the Bianchi autolock pancake?

Thanks for starting the thread and I am looking forward to reading about the results of your expirementation.
    My comments have not been approved by my employer and do not necessarily represent the views of my employer. These are my comments, not my employer's.

I loaned mine out to Chuck Haggard, I like it as well but wish it was more rigid.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    I was just looking at these. How does it compare to the Bianchi autolock pancake?

It's been years since I played with one but if I remember correctly you push inboard towards your hip to release the gun right? On the 537 you make grip as usual and your middle finger knuckle drives the lever forward, releasing there pistol. I thought it was an inboard push to until I realized how it actually worked.

It's pretty nifty. Right now with no testing I'd give it a hard look for "Detective casual".

Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    I just bought one of these to test after some questions came up on another forum about concealment holsters with a retention device.

http://www.safariland.com/belt-slide...ter-53700.html

It just came in last night and I have to say my initial impressions are pretty favorable, especially for the price point. The retention device is pretty intuitive to use and the holster sits a lot flatter than I was expecting it to.

I'm going to run it through an ECQC this weekend and see if I can get some gun grapple time on it. Time will tell but I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised so far. If your agency mandates a retention device on concealment holsters or you just want one, then this looks to be a viable option.
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    It's been years since I played with one but if I remember correctly you push inboard towards your hip to release the gun right? On the 537 you make grip as usual and your middle finger knuckle drives the lever forward, releasing there pistol. I thought it was an inboard push to until I realized how it actually worked.

It's pretty nifty. Right now with no testing I'd give it a hard look for "Detective casual".
    Does the 537 ride closer to your body than the Safariland ALS offerings like the 7TS 6377? I'm using a 6377 with a 17 and a TLR-1 attached and it's huge.

Thanks,

JR1572

Yeah it's a lot closer subjectively.

I'm questioning the efficacy of the GLS offering protection in a gun grab. I went with an ALS instead.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    I'm questioning the efficacy of the GLS offering protection in a gun grab. I went with an ALS instead.
    Gonna' find out!

Any updates on this holster?

User Tag List