Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Mark Garrity still in business?

I received my Invictus for my Glock 17 last Monday. I was fortunate enough to be left handed and the only other left handed customer cancelled his order before the holster was finished. I guess I lucked out. Mr. Garrity stayed in contact with me and replied quickly to my emails. I was so impressed, that I quickly placed an order for another holster.

You two guys above must be lucky or got in at the right time. I still can't get Garrity to reply to any pm's or e-mail on my 2 year old order. Rant off, sorry

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeJumper View Post
    You two guys above must be lucky or got in at the right time. I still can't get Garrity to reply to any pm's or e-mail on my 2 year old order. Rant off, sorry
    Did you pay for it yet?

I received my Invictus order placed in Dec 2010 about a week ago. Once I contacted him via text left on this site that seemed to get the ball rolling. I initially contacted him via that means in early February. He indicated about a four week turn. I guess he got a little behind. Holster is gorgeous.

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    New member here, this is my first post.

I am sorry to hear about Mark's getting in over his head. I have ordered a number of holsters from him over the years and have not only found his work impeccable, but it inspired me enough to try leather work myself. (The Indesceranble for the USPc on his website was my first order from him.) I always found him to be a stand-up guy. It pained me to read this thread.

Mark, I hop you get stuff squared away, and best of luck to you.

Site Supporter
    The way I see it, the dude didn't manage his intake well enough, he's a small time shop, he does custom leather work and he got injured, in the worst possible place for his business, his hands.

Is he a piece of crap, libelous, money hoarder? No... No he's not, he's making good on his word, he made a mistake. I'll be honest, I think alot of these holster manufacturers get ridiculously successful overnight and find themselves sitting down going "... I never planned on staffing other people... and I may have to quit my day job to follow up on all of these orders."

Mark appears to be very very good at leather work, which is hard to do, it's hard to train an apprentice that's willing to work that hard, be that good, do it part time, that won't go steal his business.

I feel for the guy.

It is all about communication--If a business tells me initially it will take 5 years and cost $1000 for their widget, I am likely to be quite happy when it arrives in 3 years and only costs $500 vs. the person who is told it will be ready in 6 mo, but in fact takes 3 years and cost more than the estimate...

From the posts here, it would appear that Mr. Garrity failed to communicate consistently and did not reliably relate accurate information to customers regarding realistic delivery times.
    Last edited by DocGKR; 04-19-2012 at 05:59 PM.

I think that the take off in popularity of AWIB and success of the In-Victus probably overwhelmed him. To a degree it may be our fault. The holster is defeinitely labor intensive and it's sudden popularity and high demand was probably overwhelming. Could he have planned a little better at the outset? Sure, but I have a feeling outside pressure from industry insiders might have contributed to bring the holster to the public before Mark was ready. This and his unfortunate injury at his primary job combined for a bad situation. Regardless, I am very pleased with this product and wouldn't hesitate to order from him again.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveK View Post
    I think that the take off in popularity of AWIB and success of the In-Victus probably overwhelmed him. To a degree it may be our fault. The holster is defeinitely labor intensive and it's sudden popularity and high demand was probably overwhelming. Could he have planned a little better at the outset? Sure, but I have a feeling outside pressure from industry insiders might have contributed to bring the holster to the public before Mark was ready. This and his unfortunate injury at his primary job combined for a bad situation.
    You can find threads from 8 years ago on basically the same problems.

Bumping this necropost because I'm considering making an order from him.
    "Well you know, it's a toolbox. You put the tools in for the job." Sam

User Tag List