Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Mark Garrity still in business?

Is Mark Garrity still in business?

Does anyone know if Mark Garrity is still in business? I have an in-victus holster on order that has been "ready to ship with in a week" for 4 months now. It is paid in full and I haven't gotten a single reply to my e-mails for 2 months. Does any one have a way to get in touch with him?

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by RobG View Post
    Does anyone know if Mark Garrity is still in business? I have an in-victus holster on order that has been "ready to ship with in a week" for 4 months now. It is paid in full and I haven't gotten a single reply to my e-mails for 2 months. Does any one have a way to get in touch with him?

Rob
    I've had an order pending with him for almost a year and a half. Luckily he didn't ask me for payment.
    "I think we ought always to entertain our opinions with some measure of doubt. I shouldn't wish people dogmatically to believe any philosophy, not even mine." - Bertrand Russell

You aren't the first to ask and for this reason I haven't ordered from him. The Invictus looks awesome, but not going to order one.

Gentlemen,
    I truely apologize. I sent out a group e-mail explaining my situation to a bunch of waiting customers and I am sorry if I accidentally left anyone off that list. I injured the first three fingers of my right hand on-duty and it has been slow going ever since. Luckily nothing broken, but badly swollen and stiff enough that I couldn't even pull the DA trigger on my duty Sig for a couple weeks, let alone attempt any leatherwork. The worst part was having the time off work and not being able to work on holsters. So now I am plugging along trying to get caught up. I've been back on-duty for a while now, no problem qualifying; but think I got impatient and jumped back into the leatherwork sooner than I should have. The hand seemed pretty much healed; nothing more tragic than loosing the fingernail on the index finger which still has not completely grown back. But I can't work on holsters for more than a couple hours at a time without it bothering me. The edge beveling and detail molding require alot of downward pressure on the hand tools with index finger.

As to e-mail replies, please conatct me at garritysgunleather@cox.net if you have an order pending. The mark@garritysgunleather.com e-mail address is suppose to route mail to the cox.net in-box, but sometimes this is not happening, peculiarly most often with yahoo and g-mail accounts. I had this problem last year and my web-guy looked into it and got it corrected, but I know it is happening again now and he is checking into it again.

As to the In-Victus holster, I am hoping to increase production on it soon. The front leather wedge is currently stacked leather like a cowboy boot heal. Each one of those takes 10-15 minutes a piece for me make on their own and is total PITA. I have looked into having a local plastics company make them for me out of some type of polymer and they should be sending me sample within the next couple weeks. I am hoping they work.
    Thanks,
    Mark Garrity
    www.garritysgunleather.com

We are diminished
    Very sorry to hear about the injury, Mark, and glad to know it's just temporary. Thank you for letting folks know the reason for the delay.

Good luck with the complete recovery! I can feel your pain.
    All I know is that I know nothing. - Socrates

Still waiting to hear from garrity gunleather

Well it is now 3 months later, with no reply to I don't know how many e-mails. I have even sent a letter with a signed return receipt. Apperently this forum is the only way to get ahold of you Mr. Garrity. Please PM me so we can settle this like gentlemen. I am exasperated by your lack of communication and am at a point of seeking legal action. My only demands are a completed holster which was promised in June and paid for in full.

In all fairness to Mark, I've had a lefty Invictus on order for several months and have already sent in payment. Mark has answered the status emails I've sent in a timely fashion. He is a one-man operation who does leatherwork as a side job. I know the demands of LE work and am sure he doesn't have an abundance of spare time. He makes a quality product but we have to understand that like most reputable holster shops, patience is a must. If you don't believe me, trying ordering from Milt Sparks.

Negative Contact Here

i ordered the Invictus for my HK back in May 2010. I was then informed that some issues had arisen and he had fallen behind on orders (it happens) but would be contacting shortly for payment and shipping information at the end of 2010, then it moved to the first part of 2011. Then, no contact, no replies to my e-mails to both of his e-mail addresses , no replies to PM's on another forum after recent posts by Garrity, and the phone number to his shop had been disconnected. I have made several attempts at contact this year as well with negative results That has been my experience.
    SteveK- glad to hear at least Garrity has stayed in contact with you regarding your order, but quite honestly, I've had 100% better success with my orders from Milt Sparks. If you get your Invictus, show it off with some pics.

No disrespect meant to Tony Kanaly and crew, but Sparks has a 6 month wait and only takes orders 3-4 days a month. I'm willing to give a single man shop 12-18 months for a quality product.

User Tag List