Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Mark Garrity still in business?

Quote Originally Posted by Jay585 View Post
    Bumping this necropost because I'm considering making an order from him.
    I just received my IN-VICTUS holster from him. Great quality holster and I am very impressed with the fit and finish.
    You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequence of your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglefrq View Post
    I just received my IN-VICTUS holster from him. Great quality holster and I am very impressed with the fit and finish.
    Can you post some photos, please?

Site Supporter
    Eagle:

How long did it take from the time your ordered until the time you got the holster?

How long did he say it would take from the time your ordered until the time you got the holster?

Did you pay in advance or did you pay when the order was ready to ship?

thx
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglefrq View Post
    I am happy to hear he is still in business. Admittedly, I missed the original thread when posted and sad that he went through such a bad time and even more sad for the customers. But I have a half a dozen or more of his holsters from years back, and they are simply exquisite. I am fortunate that I did not have any of the issues back in the day ordering from him, even though a few might’ve been slightly delayed.

Here are the photos of the holster.
    Name:  DSCN1780.jpg
Views: 303
Size:  32.1 KB

Name:  DSCN1781.jpg
Views: 305
Size:  44.6 KB

Name:  DSCN1782.jpg
Views: 306
Size:  45.3 KB

Name:  DSCN1783.jpg
Views: 305
Size:  42.7 KB
    You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequence of your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    Eagle:

How long did it take from the time your ordered until the time you got the holster?

How long did he say it would take from the time your ordered until the time you got the holster?

Did you pay in advance or did you pay when the order was ready to ship?

thx
    I emailed him on 12/10/23 with the order information and he replied on 12/22/23 with a question about the order. He contacted me on 2/13/24 and said he was putting the finishing touches on the holster and told me the total due and I sent him the payment. I want to say it was about 2 weeks later that I received the holster.

I didn't ask him his turn around time, especially at the holidays. I ordered and had it my mind that it would be at least 2 months.

Site Supporter
    Eagle:

Thx for that. Lovely leather there.

10-12 wks in that realm is certainly reasonable and a vast improvement v the case before.

Perhaps he has rounded certain corners in his life ie health/work/production technique, all for the good.

Be well.
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    Mark does outstanding work. I too am glad to hear things are moving forward for him. Years back he screwed up an order. Basically I needed a thumb break and he made the holster without one. He quickly resolved the issue, and I had my leather within an additional two weeks along with a gratis matching mag pouch.
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

Well now I suddenly really want an In-Victus for my 1911, especially since before browsing his site this morning I didn't know how truly "custom" his work was. I'm always tweaking my kydex stuff to make it conceal better, so the less adjustable nature of leather has always scared me off. If I can order a leather AIWB holster and ask him to give it the maximum amount of grip rotation and a really large wedge...

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    Quote Originally Posted by Elwin View Post
    Well now I suddenly really want an In-Victus for my 1911, especially since before browsing his site this morning I didn't know how truly "custom" his work was. I'm always tweaking my kydex stuff to make it conceal better, so the less adjustable nature of leather has always scared me off. If I can order a leather AIWB holster and ask him to give it the maximum amount of grip rotation and a really large wedge...
    At least back when...he’d pretty much do whatever you needed.
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

User Tag List