Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Smith & Wesson SD9 VE

Got everything in the pic for less than $350. When I get back from my weekend daddy/daughter trip I’ll get to work.

Name:  E88C39D8-DEA0-4931-9551-2BAAA1AD6ABC.jpg
Views: 636
Size:  46.7 KB
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Site Supporter
    Never seen those baseplates before.

Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    Never seen those baseplates before.
    I got em from MidwayUSA. I don’t know if they’re still made.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.

Site Supporter
    I've been waiting for someone to bring up the SD40VE, a pistol I owned for several years to be used in a back up/home defense role. I estimate I put approximately 2,500 rounds through it during that time, plus a fair amount of dry fire. I always took it along on each trip to the range, shooting at least a few dozen rounds. Although the sights and firearm were never altered or modified, the trigger did become much smoother. I experienced absolutely no malfunctions, but in all honesty, the shooting I did was not in any competition or timed. In retrospect, I believe the decline of the .40 caliber round influenced my decision. Just my 2¢.

Put a 100 rounds down range this morning. Haven’t added the Apex parts yet. Wanted a baseline. More details here:https://gunsnobbery.wordpress.com/20...e-first-shots/
    Formerly known as xpd54.

I had one that I used for a "downstairs" stash pistol. Installed the Apex trigger kit which worked well. Ran quite a bit of ammo through it and had no issues. Ended up selling it to buy something else. I would have no issues carrying it if it were my only choice.

I realize this is an old thread, but I love my SD9VE with it's APEX trigger... came that way, and got it for a really good price. I can see why Glock hated it, as it feels better than the Glock 19 gen3 I had... yep traded that one for a Glock 20sf gen3.

Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Stone View Post
    I realize this is an old thread, but I love my SD9VE with it's APEX trigger... came that way, and got it for a really good price. I can see why Glock hated it, as it feels better than the Glock 19 gen3 I had... yep traded that one for a Glock 20sf gen3.
    Huh. Thx for reviving this. Just realized I never posted the final article I wrote. Well, here it is:
    https://gunsnobbery.wordpress.com/20...f-two-pistols/

I’m seriously thinking about sending a slide to Nameless Arms and having it cut for an RMR. Would be a good travel gun.
    Formerly known as xpd54.

Good write up Lon

Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Stone View Post
    Good write up Lon
    Thanks!
    Formerly known as xpd54.

User Tag List