Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Smith & Wesson SD9 VE

thanks.
    this thread reminded me an SD9VE was supposed to be added to my collection on this latest round of permits (Nazi Jermany thing)... along with a new offering from Beretta that hasn't even hit their site (as of a few hours ago...) the M9-22
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    where are you getting it for $270? local or online?
    Tom beat me to a response; Palmetto State Armory
    Last edited by 41magfan; 11-10-2015 at 08:43 PM.
    The path of least resistance will seldom get you where you need to be.

Very interesting, guys-so is the informed/experienced consensus that the SD9VE does not, and has not, experienced the accuracy (and other) issues that have seemingly plagued the 9mm S&W M&P, or are potential flaws in the ointment being overlooked simply because of the price point?

Best, Jon

Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    Very interesting, guys-so is the informed/experienced consensus that the SD9VE does not, and has not, experienced the accuracy (and other) issues that have seemingly plagued the 9mm S&W M&P, or are potential flaws in the ointment being overlooked simply because of the price point?

Best, Jon

Price, it's ugly (two tone), MANY hate the trigger, I love them.

Best, Jon
    That's a most excellent question. I based my "yes" on the fact that I have shot several HUNDRED of these pistols since they appeared, and the only ones I can recall that choked were either full of chicken grease or had otherwise been severely abused before it hit my bench. No accuracy check or extended shooting was done with any of these… although if that many of them worked every time, with no prep or cleaning/lubricating, that's a pretty good indicator.

Now, I did participate in some extended work (500 rounds) with one example in .40 S&W that a pal bought for a truck gun. I don't recall any stellar groups (or malfunctions), but then I don't recall any horrible ones, either.

If I had need for a disposable hi-cap Euro-Pellet launcher, I would not hesitate to buy an SD9VE. Since I already have a half-dozen Glocks filling that role, such a need should not manifest itself any time soon. Around the lab, we call the SD9VE and SD40VE "Super Stigmas"; because they are, obviously, a product-improved Stigma…

Yeah, we're snobs. So sue me…

The current SD9VE's are not my gun of choice. Like LSP972 said, call me a gun snob. I'm ok with that.

But if someone I knew was on a tight budget and truly needed a defensive pistol, I would strongly recommend the SD9VE to them. They use the same dovetail cuts in the slide as the M&P, so the same sights. will work. I have a few M&P factory sights floating around that could be tossed onto a SD9.

Selling for $280 currently, i'm tempted to pick one up and throw an Apex kit into it. Just because...
    Last edited by Beat Trash; 11-12-2015 at 10:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beat Trash View Post
    Selling for 280 currently, i'm tempted to pick one up and throw an Apex kit into it. Just because...
    Yep.

Okie John

Quote Originally Posted by Beat Trash View Post
    Selling for $280 currently, i'm tempted to pick one up and throw an Apex kit into it. Just because...
    That IS tempting... but I'm managing to resist...

I've had one for 3+ years. With all the Apex fiddly bits it's a good shooter. The stock trigger was pretty blah.

Best, Jon
    My sample of one does not have accuracy issues. It's as mechanically accurate as my Sig Pro. I don't run striker fired triggers as well as my DA/SA Sig at speed so that's where I see the difference, but admittedly that's a me problem, not a gun problem.

User Tag List