Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: The truth about pocket folders as defensive tools?

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    Well...

At some point I threw all the zip ties in the house into a big plastic tub. We have alot of zip ties. I have no idea what brand is my favorite, but I can root through the tub and find one when I need it.

I know that's spectacularly unhelpful, but I would say that experimenting with a few different sizes and brands is cheap, and in the end, you'll have extra zip ties...
    I appreciate the quick response.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Site Supporter
    I don't think that would work with the Native. I'd have to steal it back from my wife to check, though, so someone else will have to test it b/c I'm not doing that.

If folks want to "inexpensively" try out waved folders first hand.

The Kershaw-Emerson CQC4K - https://kershaw.kaiusaltd.com/knives/knife/cqc-4k <3.25" spearpoint blade
    The Kershaw-Emerson CQC3k - https://kershaw.kaiusaltd.com/knives/knife/cqc-3k <2.75" tanto blade

Both can be setup for reverse draw and carry like a P'Kal folder. Both can be had for under 30 bucks. I find the CQC3k to be about ideal in terms of size and grip in reverse grip setup, but the 4K offers more purchase and easier draw stroke for those with larger hands. I have now given away four CQC4Ks to people and they find them quite useful. Pivots are tight initial and I find the knives should be disassembled and cleaned and oiled right out of the box. I sometimes carry the 3K when I feel I might need a "normal" knife for cutting chores. Rather than whip out the P'kal and make the natives at the watering hole restless.

Also, just to note - the P'Kal has a 2.95" long blade with a 2.78" edge length. It is, in fact, a bit shorter than a Delica in the handle, but it is wider.
    Last edited by RevolverRob; 02-15-2018 at 11:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KeeFus View Post
    Opinions on this knife please.
    Here's a review. Scroll down the page that comes up.

And a google link to some videos.

Not familiar with that particular knife personally.
    Last edited by blues; 07-13-2018 at 08:09 AM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Rangemaster Sheepdog? I really hope that’s a tongue in cheek deal.
    Bob Loblaw lobs law bombs

Quote Originally Posted by BobLoblaw View Post
    Rangemaster Sheepdog? I really hope that’s a tongue in cheek deal.
    If you read the review @blues linked to, it was a collaboration between Emerson and David Grossman, who is responsible for the whole "sheepdog" mess.
    Myself, I find it ironic that Grossman has a company called "Sheepdog Knife and Gun", considering that he has made some less than approving statements about the "civilian" carry of firearms.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by KeeFus View Post
    The Emersons I've owned have been good knives. I wouldn't buy a Grossman autograph model unless I really liked the design, which I don't. These days I have a lower threshold of pain concerning knives/guns that could end up in evidence, so if I wanted to carry an Emerson it would be a Kershaw version.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Judas H Priest, that’s a terrible name for a knife. Pass with gas.

Aside from the name and its name sake, any opinions on the knife itself?

I’m also looking at different ZT knives.

User Tag List