Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hearing Protection Act

Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    The .com/.gov thing is merely one piece of evidence. Governmental entities use .gov, corporations use .com or sometimes .net, educational institutions use .edu. Obviously, that's not a law, but it points to a reasonably logical conclusion.
    It's evidence of nothing, and most certainly does not point to any reasonable or logical conclusion. Do you also believe the US Air Force is not a US government agency? http://www.airforce.com/
    Are you suggesting that the USPS is an actual governmental entity?
    I was not suggesting it, and maybe my sarcasm didn't make it clear, despite my reference to the Constitution and legislation, rather I was flat out stating the US Postal Service is in fact a government agency.
    As far as I can tell . . .
    Well apparently you can't tell anything beyond a website extension.
    Do you think there's a good reason why carry should be a felony in a post office any more than it is in a FedEx or UPS building?
    I wasn't arguing that point, merely addressing your completely false assertion that the USPS is not a government agency.
    Effectively, the only difference between the three is that one was originally established by the government, but has effectively become a separate entity, and the other two are fully private.
    Again, that is simply not true.
    Sarcasm away, sir, but please, offer a logical reason why you think post offices should be considered federal buildings.
    I already offered a logical reason, and it begins with Article I, Section 8 of the Constitution of the United States, which reads in pertinent part, "The Congress shall have Power . . . To establish Post Offices and post Roads . . ."

Further, Title 39 of the US Code (aka federal law) clearly shows that the US Postal Service is a government agency. It's long and boring, but feel free to read it for yourself: https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/39/201

However, I'll make it real easy for you, and quote the simplest, most direct portion, which shows your rantings on this topic are completely false. Title 39, Section 201 of the US Code, in it's entirety, states, "There is established, as an independent establishment of the executive branch of the Government of the United States, the United States Postal Service." https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/39/201

So it's your own ignorance that prevents you from understanding why USPS offices qualify as "federal buildings."

Last edited by DMF13; 12-20-2015 at 01:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    I assume you missed the my post and olstyn's response where he essentially admitted he was wrong. Because if you didn't, your post seems a little browbeatingly over the top and unnecessary.
    I did not see your post and his reply prior to responding, but since he decided to call me out directly (despite failing to determine whether any of his own assertions were true or false), I would have responded the same regardless. He chose to post false info, then double down on that, despite being clued in as to what the basis of my statements were, and asked me to me to prove him wrong. In light of that my response was quite appropriate.

User Tag List