Thread: JMCK AIWB for Sig p320c / SF XC-1 + IWB#3 for p320c/sc

JMCK AIWB for Sig p320c / SF XC-1 + IWB#3 for p320c/sc

Two holsters came today from JM Custom, and I am very excited to tell you about them. I'm in the process of making a platform shift from Glock to Sig 320 (I'm happy to discuss that in this thread, but am going to keep this post focused on the holsters). My carry guns are two P320c's: one has an action job from Robert Burke and a SureFire XC1 light. The other is stock, but with a subcompact gripframe.

The JMCK holsters are as usual of the highest build quality, with rounded corners and edges. Importantly, the AIWB holster fits both guns, and has solid retention for the 320c without the XC1. In fact, the retention on the AIWB holster is tighter than I'm used to. This is not a bad thing--just worth mentioning. The new design for the Kydex split loop allows a small amount of cant, which was essential for this holster (it needed a slight cant away from my right leg to make the muzzle vertical).

In the IWB #3, with the subcompact gripframe, the 320c now carrys very much like my Glock 26.

One minor criticism is that the insides of the holsters were very dusty when they arrived. Another small improvement would be to round off the edges of the Kydex split loop because they were sharp enough to scrape a finger during the draw.

As usual, I added my homemade Junk Carry Pillow to the AIWB holster, to keep the muzzle pointed in a safe direction, and to tuck the grip. This new AIWB holster has the best comfort and concealment I've ever had. As I sit writing this, I completely forgot I had it on. The greater area for the light creates padding that removes pressure on the inner thigh and really tucks the grip. I'm attaching the obligate crotch shots--this time with a pretty tight shirt.

I give these holsters an A+. I'm happy to field questions...

Name:  IMG_0088.jpg
Views: 1884
Size:  25.7 KB
    (note that the blue in this picture is a digital artifact, not part of the holster)

Name:  IMG_0086.jpg
Views: 1925
Size:  21.6 KB

Name:  IMG_0084.jpg
Views: 664
Size:  25.3 KB

Name:  IMG_0085.jpg
Views: 677
Size:  24.4 KB
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 11-09-2015 at 08:05 PM.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Hard to believe Tony's holsters are so good even a smedium shirt doesn't print

Clusterfrack, glad they are working out, my bad on the being dusty. Forgot to clean before I boxed them up. The retention without the light is pleasant byproduct of vacuum forming these, something I am starting to do for certain designs. Thanks for the business.
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

Thanks Tony. I'll loop back after I have a few months of carry with these.

It might be worth exploring a non-light-bearing AIWB holster with the square profile of the XC-1 holster. If for some reason the XC-1 doesn't work out, I would still prefer this holster to the standard design.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Two holsters came today from JM Custom, and I am very excited to tell you about them. I'm in the process of making a platform shift from Glock to Sig 320 (I'm happy to discuss that in this thread, but am going to keep this post focused on the holsters). My carry guns are two P320c's: one has an action job from Robert Burke and a SureFire XC1 light. The other is stock, but with a subcompact gripframe.

The JMCK holsters are as usual of the highest build quality, with rounded corners and edges. Importantly, the AIWB holster fits both guns, and has solid retention for the 320c without the XC1. In fact, the retention on the AIWB holster is tighter than I'm used to. This is not a bad thing--just worth mentioning. The new design for the Kydex split loop allows a small amount of cant, which was essential for this holster (it needed a slight cant away from my right leg to make the muzzle vertical).

In the IWB #3, with the subcompact gripframe, the 320c now carrys very much like my Glock 26.

One minor criticism is that the insides of the holsters were very dusty when they arrived. Another small improvement would be to round off the edges of the Kydex split loop because they were sharp enough to scrape a finger during the draw.

As usual, I added my homemade Junk Carry Pillow to the AIWB holster, to keep the muzzle pointed in a safe direction, and to tuck the grip. This new AIWB holster has the best comfort and concealment I've ever had. As I sit writing this, I completely forgot I had it on. The greater area for the light creates padding that removes pressure on the inner thigh and really tucks the grip. I'm attaching the obligate crotch shots--this time with a pretty tight shirt.

I give these holsters an A+. I'm happy to field questions...

(note that the blue in this picture is a digital artifact, not part of the holster)

Clusterfrack, how is the JMCK with the. XC1 working out? I've got an order in with Tony right now and I am torn about if I should have it made for my G19 with the XC1. I've never carried a WML before but I am seriously considering the XC1 since it looks like it doesn't add much bulk. Also I know this has been asked before but does the average joe like me that seldomly leaves the house after dark unless it's to a restaurant need a light on a CCW. HD gun yes, but CCW?

Quote Originally Posted by Jay23 View Post
    Clusterfrack, how is the JMCK with the. XC1 working out? I've got an order in with Tony right now and I am torn about if I should have it made for my G19 with the XC1. I've never carried a WML before but I am seriously considering the XC1 since it looks like it doesn't add much bulk. Also I know this has been asked before but does the average joe like me that seldomly leaves the house after dark unless it's to a restaurant need a light on a CCW. HD gun yes, but CCW?
    Hey Jay23,

Coincidentally, I was just practicing some draws with that setup. It's working out really well. The holster is outstanding, and surprisingly comfortable given that the 320c is a fairly large gun (G17 size) and I'm not a big dude.

The XC1 is the first WML I've carried AIWB, and I like it. I always carry my EDC light, but the WML adds a second light without any downside (other than cost). I like a WML for a CCW because as long as I retain my gun, I also retain illumination.

Do I wish the XC1 had a constant-on switch accessible SHO? I sure do, but it's still a capable little light.

Hope that helps. Let me know if I can answer anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Hey Jay23,

Coincidentally, I was just practicing some draws with that setup. It's working out really well. The holster is outstanding, and surprisingly comfortable given that the 320c is a fairly large gun (G17 size) and I'm not a big dude.

The XC1 is the first WML I've carried AIWB, and I like it. I always carry my EDC light, but the WML adds a second light without any downside (other than cost). I like a WML for a CCW because as long as I retain my gun, I also retain illumination.

Do I wish the XC1 had a constant-on switch accessible SHO? I sure do, but it's still a capable little light.

Hope that helps. Let me know if I can answer anything else.
    Thanks for the reply bud. I am gonna go ahead and try it out. Have you carried the gun without the light in the holster for the gun with the light? If so how is the retention? I don't have the light yet however rather than waiting another 9 weeks after I get the light in a couple months, if the retention is good I would rather order the holster that will accept the light now and use it without the light attached until I am able to purchase the XC1. (Hope that makes sense)
    Last edited by 23JAZ; 02-06-2016 at 10:14 PM.

Retention w/o the light is fine, but not as tight as with the light. I just now verified that if I tighten the retention screw, and hold the holster upside down, a p320c with full mag won't fall out. Retention of the gun without the light is similar to a JMCK non-light holster. With the light, it's quite a bit tighter.
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 02-06-2016 at 11:19 PM.

User Tag List