Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What cleaner to use

What cleaner to use

OK so what is the preferred cleaner around here. If I spay it down in the pistol do I have to worry about getting it all wiped out or will it be ok left alone?

Thanks, Jay

Quote Originally Posted by JFS811 View Post
    OK so what is the preferred cleaner around here. If I spay it down in the pistol do I have to worry about getting it all wiped out or will it be ok left alone?

Thanks, Jay
    Non chlorinated brake cleaner, use it outside. You can wipe down the white dry marks with a rag slightly dampened with oil if you like.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Non chlorinated brake cleaner, use it outside. You can wipe down the white dry marks with a rag slightly dampened with oil if you like.
    Agree. Before using it, however, I usually scrub the insides of the gun with some oil and a brush. Then use the Brake Cleaner to flush out all of the gunk that I just brushed loose. The Brake cleaner dries quickly, and then I just relube and ready to go.

Get the brake cleaner at Walmart pretty cheap.
    Last edited by f308gt4; 11-09-2015 at 06:35 PM.

What cleaner to use

I like the Slip2000 products. The Carbon killer works very well. It's non-toxic with no foul odor.
    Last edited by Hansohn Brothers; 11-09-2015 at 07:40 PM.

I have been using boretech and I really like but open to new things. It was a vast improvement over hoppes. Hoppes didnt' work nearly as well and it gave me awful headaches. I will never use such a toxic substance again.

I'm a fan of Slip2000 725 degreaser for general purpose cleaning, and Carbon Killer if needed.

M-Pro 7 and nothing else, for all handgun cleaning, for decades now.

Non-corrosive, non-marring, no odor, works very well.
    "Therefore, since the world has still... Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure, Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would, And train for ill and not for good." -- A.E. Housman

Slip2000 cleaner/oil for everything period. I hate cleaning guns, and IDGAF about the latest and greatest oils. It works and it gets the job done so I can do something more interesting
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

A 1:5 mixture of Simple Green Pro HD Heavy-Duty Cleaner
    https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/--...516_202634.jpg

Slip2000 products and MPro7 are non toxic and work very well.
    With anything mentioned, make sure to lube all the itty bitty springs and small parts hiding in your pistol.
    Also, brake cleaner will attack the glue holding the tritium vials in Trijicon night sights.
    Been there, done that.
    I am a leukemia survivor and use non toxic products on handguns and carbines.
    On rifle bores, I use Butch's Bore Shine and gun oil and wear nitrile gloves.
    Shumba

User Tag List