Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who says gunwriters can't shoot?

Hey OP, do you have a easy way to link to your standing classifier scores? My 1st one on record was terrible and I need some hard numbers to shoot for.

Pun intended

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    Blue Bullets Team dude

If you're a member of IDPA, you can log in to the members section at IDPA.com and see all your old classifiers.

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    If you're a member of IDPA, you can log in to the members section at IDPA.com and see all your old classifiers.
    That will work only if your club reports to IDPA HQ. A club here doesn't. All they do is issue the cards, fortunately the other club I shoot with does report to HQ.
    Scott
    Only Hits Count - The Faster the Hit the more it Counts!!!!!!; DELIVER THE SHOT!
    Stephen Hillier - "An amateur practices until he can do it right, a professional practices until he can't do it wrong."

So I can look at expert and master rated shooters and see what times they get?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    Blue Bullets Team dude

On the IDPA website all you can view is your classifier history.
    Scott
    Only Hits Count - The Faster the Hit the more it Counts!!!!!!; DELIVER THE SHOT!
    Stephen Hillier - "An amateur practices until he can do it right, a professional practices until he can't do it wrong."

Uh, no. IDPA doesn't post other people's scores, just your own. However, for reference here are all my most recent classifier scores:

CDP: MA Stage 1:27.17 Stage 2: 24.04 Stage 3: 37.94 Total: 89.15
    ESP: MA Stage 1: 23.95 Stage 2: 22.72 Stage 3: 39.41 Total:86.08
    SSP: MA Stage 1: 28.77 Stage 2: 24.33 Stage 3: 38.76 Total: 91.86
    ESR: MA Stage 1: 25.35 Stage 2: 24.32 Stage 3: 47.94 Total: 97.61
    SSR: MA Stage 1: 28.34 Stage 2: 23.39 Stage 3: 44.74 Total: 96.47

Those are only the most recent scores IDPA has on file; since I made 5-Gun Master in January, I haven't shot the classifier. According to my records, last year alone while training for 5-Gun Master I shot the classifier just a bit over 100 times. I went from an ESP Sharpshooter to a Master in about 6 months.

Thanks man. so for CDP,you 1st stage scored looked like this?

1-3: 2.26
    4 :4.78
    5 :3.24
    6 :6.34
    7 :4.59

BTW, wtf do revolver guys do for stage 3 when we are stowing mags?

They don't. Revolvers are allowed to do a standard reload on stage three.

Stage 1 has seven strings - if your goal is to shoot it under a certain time (after points down) then what I would do is set goal times for each string, same with stages 2 and 3. For example, if my goal is to shoot under an 89.00 aggregate time, I'd have a goal to shoot 25 seconds on stage 1, 24 seconds on stage 2, and 40 seconds on stage 3. How that would break down is like this:

Stage 1
    String 1: 2.00
    String 2: 2.00
    String 3: 2.00
    String 4: 4.00
    String 5: 2.00
    String 6: 7.00
    String 7: 6.00

Stage 2:
    String 1: 4.00
    String 2: 4.00
    String 3: 10.00
    String 4: 6.00

Stage 3:
    String 1: 15.00
    String 2: 20.00
    String 3: 5.00

Those are the part times adjusted for points down, although on stage 1 and 2 you shouldn't drop more than 2 points per stage. When I made CDP master, it was kind of an accident. A friend loaned me her (piece of garbage) Kimber CDP II, the 4 inch aluminum framed gun and I figured "what the hell, I'll shoot this in a classifier for giggles." That turned out pretty awesome. I dropped a total of 14 points on the whole match, 10 of which were on the last stage.

Wow thanks that saved my hooked on phonics ass some math. I'm ESP but those numbers will work because . . .

I have a lot of work to do

YEEEEAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    (piece of garbage) Kimber CDP II
    This is my shocked face -> :|
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

User Tag List