Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recommended Metro DC / Mid-Atlantic NRA Training Counselors?

Recommended Metro DC / Mid-Atlantic NRA Training Counselors?

For a number of reasons a friend and I are interested in getting our NRA Instructor Certifications (thinking 'Pistol') and are wondering if anyone has any recommendations for a truly outstanding training counselor in the Metro DC (preferably) or general Mid-Atlantic region. We are willing to travel.

Finding a training counselor is not an issue, it's more about finding an exceptional one who will make the process of going through the course as enjoyable as possible. Any suggestions or feedback?

Thanks!

Not sure what your goals are, but consider John Murphy with FPF Training. Solid as a rock.

I've taken a couple of courses with John. He can certify NRA instructors, too?

The NRA pistol instructor course doesn't actually cover any shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by HopetonBrown View Post
    The NRA pistol instructor course doesn't actually cover any shooting.
    Not sure if that is directed at me. For one, I did think there was a course of fire required for the basic pistol instructor course. But regardless if there is or is not, I'm just curious if there is a recommended training counselor in the region. If John Murphy is one, and can certify NRA instructors, I'd prefer to go through him. If not, any other recommendations?

I'm an NRA certified pistol instructor and we shot 10 rounds? We had to shoot a group and that was it. The class isn't about shooting at all and was a waste of time.

I'm an NRA certified pistol instructor and we shot 10 rounds? We had to shoot a group and that was it. The class isn't about shooting at all and was a waste of time.
    I'm sure it's a waste of time. Unless you want an NRA instructor certification.

Well the course is directly out of a book so I don't see why you'd care who was teaching it. If you want the cert just use the NRA training website to find the cheapest class close to you.

Well the course is directly out of a book so I don't see why you'd care who was teaching it. If you want the cert just use the NRA training website to find the cheapest class close to you.
    I guess that's the real question. If possible I suppose I'd prefer the class at least be administered by someone I could stand being around for more than 15 minutes. It's not so much the curriculum / material just wanted to know if there were any decent men / ladies out there worth giving my money to and / or spending that much time with.

Quote Originally Posted by jc000 View Post
    I've taken a couple of courses with John. He can certify NRA instructors, too?
    I misunderstood your original post. Nevermind about FPF.

User Tag List