Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tried AIWB

It is hard to understand how very vital it is to have a PURPOSE built AIWB holster until you actually have one.

I carried my gun in a myriad of different holsters AIWB, and while moderately effective in concealing my gun, it wasn't all that amazing, and it put me on the fence about carrying my gun over my appendix. I liked the retention, awareness, and speed that AIWB provided, but it didn't hide well, and it was somewhat uncomfortable.

The Looper (my first appendix specific holster) changed a lot of that. Even so, unless belt tension was perfect, the gun printed.

Next I tried a DGL #4, which I liked a lot, and proved to work well except (that word again) the ride height was a tiny bit too low.

Enter the Shaggy. It is absolutely REMARKABLE at keeping the gun hidden, and in the right spot, at the right height. The gun is tight to the abdomen, and does not move around. I won't say it's perfect, because I still find the IWB #4 more comfortable (only a bit. Really a non issue unless your entire day is spent in a car) but that aside, the holster IS a close to perfect solution to the appendix carry problem. Why? Because it is designed to be just that-by people that know what is required to hide a gun where we do. If the holster isn't designed from start to end with the explicit purpose of being an appendix holster, by people with appendix carry experience; mediocrity is the best one could hope for from the holster. Regardless of who's name is stamped on it.
    Nobody is impressed by what you can't do. -THJ

Quote Originally Posted by 1986s4 View Post
    I see Com-Tac has a AIWB. Any review of this?
    I had a Neutral Cant MTAC for a Kahr P9. I didn't like it that much.

http://pistol-forum.com/showthread.p...ll=1#post26216

Quote Originally Posted by BOM View Post
    It is hard to understand how very vital it is to have a PURPOSE built AIWB holster until you actually have one.
    Hopefully when my DGL #4 arrives I will be happy. I have reverted back to my favorite IWB, the Alessi PCH, until the DGL is ready as I was unhappy with trying to make non-purposefully built IWBs work as an AIWB.

User Tag List