Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Sig P2022 as an EDC weapon...

There are Pro flat baseplates. I have a couple of them.

Flat on left, finger rest on right.
    Last edited by JodyH; 11-18-2015 at 09:45 PM.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    There are Pro flat baseplates. I have a couple of them.

Flat on left, finger rest on right.
    On the subject of magazines, does anyone have a good source for 15 rounders? The lowest I saw was $35.99.

I've not been able to find 15-rd mags for under $36.99 (CDNN)

I am enjoying the more aggressive manner in which I can manipulate the 10# trigger in DA mode during presentation, whereas the roughly 4# SA mode is a delight.
    http://www.casesam.co.uk/category-galaxy-s6-case-cover-15.html
    http://www.casesam.co.uk/category-galaxy-s6-edge-case-cover-10.html
    http://www.casesam.co.uk/category-galaxy-note-5-case-cover-71.html
    http://www.casesam.co.uk/category-galaxy-j5-case-cover-33.html

So, I picked up the new Sig this past weekend, and ran about 180 rounds through it yesterday. Ammo consisted of 147 Gr HST, 147 gr. Winchester Defend, and Federal 115 aluminum.

I literally took it out of the box, wiped off the factory grease, and started shooting. It ran flawlessly other than an occasional failure to lock the slide back on the last round through about the first 75 rounds or so. After that it locked back every time. I'm thinking the new recoil spring wasn't letting the slide travel rearward completely, although it chambered and fired every round just fine.

I LOVE this gun. The DA trigger is about as smooth as I've felt. The SA is not perfect but I have no complaints. I installed the small grip that came with it and love the feel. The grip is just about the perfect size for my hands. The gun is plenty accurate enough for this non-expert shooter.

I still have to finish putting it through its paces but I think this could be the start of a beautiful friendship.

Thanks for all the info guys.

All this 2022 love lately reminds me that I still have support gear for one....resisting the urge to buy a set to fill up the empty holsters I have. Just might put them in the EE if I can't swing more guns before Christmas.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
    AKA: SkyLine1

Does the false reset go away after use? Or is there a way to eliminate it?

Mine doesn't have a false reset. I'd make sure a spring isn't catching or binding on something like plastic flash. I've never taken mine apart so I don't know where to start looking.
    Last edited by JodyH; 11-23-2015 at 10:48 PM.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by j.d.allen View Post
    So, I picked up the new Sig this past weekend, and ran about 180 rounds through it yesterday. Ammo consisted of 147 Gr HST, 147 gr. Winchester Defend, and Federal 115 aluminum.

I literally took it out of the box, wiped off the factory grease, and started shooting. It ran flawlessly other than an occasional failure to lock the slide back on the last round through about the first 75 rounds or so. After that it locked back every time. I'm thinking the new recoil spring wasn't letting the slide travel rearward completely, although it chambered and fired every round just fine.

I LOVE this gun. The DA trigger is about as smooth as I've felt. The SA is not perfect but I have no complaints. I installed the small grip that came with it and love the feel. The grip is just about the perfect size for my hands. The gun is plenty accurate enough for this non-expert shooter.

I still have to finish putting it through its paces but I think this could be the start of a beautiful friendship.

Thanks for all the info guys.
    Congrats on the acquisition.

Regarding the occasional failure to lock-back the slide, make sure that you are completely clear of the slide catch lever when firing. I found that I had to adjust my grip, as even my lightest unintentional touch with right-hand thumb forward would induce the failure. I've acclimated with a flagged thumb, and all is well.

Alternatively, you could acclimate with about five minutes of work with a dremel, like I did with my 239.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List