Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig P2022 as an EDC weapon...

Sig P2022 as an EDC weapon...

Thoughts?

Sorry about the misspell in the thread title, didn't catch it and don't know how to change it.
    Last edited by j.d.allen; 11-02-2015 at 05:35 PM. Reason: Misspelling of thread title

Sounds fine to me?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Best current production Sig IMO.
    A bit bulky compared to the competition but it's a solid pistol.
    Holster selection is a bit limited.
    Buy the flat magazine baseplates for your carry mags if you can find them, it trims down the grip profile some.
    https://www.gregcotellc.com is the only place I've ever found the low profile baseplates.
    Last edited by JodyH; 11-02-2015 at 05:59 PM.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

I just moved away from MP9FS and into Sig SP2022. I was moderately pleased with M&P but wanted a new challenge: mastering the DA/SA trigger. I'd read many great things about SP2022 for a while and figured that with its low price and good trigger I couldn't go wrong.

I do not carry every day, and so my comments may not speak well to your core question. However, I am enjoying the more aggressive manner in which I can manipulate the 10# trigger in DA mode during presentation, whereas the roughly 4# SA mode is a delight. Yes, I wish the reset was a bit shorter. I find the size of the 2022 to be not as chunky as many complain about it being, and I enjoy its slightly greater heft---it seems to help stabilize gun movement during press-out.
    Last edited by ubervic; 11-02-2015 at 06:03 PM.

I'm wondering about the hive's consensus on the reliability and accuracy of this weapon.

I want to carry AIWB but I just don't feel comfortable doing that with a striker fired pistol.

This one seems to be the best bang for the buck, but is it reliable and accurate enough to be a primary carry piece?

Reliable and accurate, yes.
    I trust my 2022 more than I do my P229R or my M11A1.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by j.d.allen View Post
    I'm wondering about the hive's consensus on the reliability and accuracy of this weapon.

I want to carry AIWB but I just don't feel comfortable doing that with a striker fired pistol.

This one seems to be the best bang for the buck, but is it reliable and accurate enough to be a primary carry piece?
    Yes, they are very accurate and reliable. They are definitely a Best Buy/best value. When the sig pros were first introduced they were only 100 or $200 less expensive than a regular P series. If fact they cost more back then than they do now. Sig has been able to produce these inexpensively due to economies of scale and becoming very efficient at building them after producing several hundred thousand of them for European police contracts.

Bruce gray of Gray Guns is likely THE premier SIG Gunsmith in the world. His carry gun is an SP2022. That, to me speaks volumes about the SP 2022.

They're outstanding pistols, especially for the cash. Carry with confidence.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    Reliable and accurate, yes.
    I trust my 2022 more than I do my P229R or my M11A1.
    That's quite an endorsement. I read your review of your M11A1 with much interest.

How's the trigger feel on the 2022 ? I've only shot older pre Cohen P series Sigs.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Bruce gray of Gray Guns is likely THE premier SIG Gunsmith in the world. His carry gun is an SP2022. That, to me speaks volumes about the SP 2022.
    Yep. Tells me everything I need to know.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

User Tag List