Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: CD-2 Safariland speedloader holders

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    I have an Andrews custom pouch on the way. Not open top, but seems to be the best option out there now.
    Is this it .....?

It looks like a refined iteration of the Safariland Split-Six design that I used briefly when we still carried revolvers ..... it worked fine.
    Last edited by 41magfan; 11-04-2015 at 10:11 PM.
    The path of least resistance will seldom get you where you need to be.

That's it. Seems like the current best solution to me for field use or CC. Not competition, of course. I have some of the old Safariland ones, but only for K frames, so I ordered an N frame from Andrews.

Quote Originally Posted by 41magfan View Post
    I bought those metal Safariland holders when they first came out and used them as range gear occasionally, but would never consider using them for anything serious. I routinely dislodged loaders from the pouch in aggressively assuming and recovering from prone shooting.

Has anyone ever used the JOX loader pouch? My initial impression of them is positive, but I've never handled them.
    I've been using some JOX pouches for several months, EDC, matches, training, etc. They are GTG. I've been meaning to write them up in detail.
    Last edited by ST911; 11-05-2015 at 09:39 AM.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    I've been using some JOX pouches for several months, EDC, matches, training, etc. They are GTG. I've been meaning to write them up in detail.
    That's good to hear ... Thanks.
    The path of least resistance will seldom get you where you need to be.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 41magfan View Post
    I routinely dislodged loaders from the pouch in aggressively assuming and recovering from prone shooting.

I just call that "falling down" but I can see where that would be an issue if one were to do it intentionally. I'll have to test that out. Preferably when someone is here to help me back up.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    How are they popping off, and what speedloaders?
    Comp II Speedloaders and the whole holder usually pops off the belt just from sitting down. If it doesn't come off completely it works its way half way off. It doesn't matter what material the belt is made from or who made it. The end result has always been the same for me with these speedloader holders.

It seems to me that the problem with speedloader and moon clip carriers is getting enough retention with out slowing down the "draw" for lack of a better term. I made a kydex prototype that seemed to do this by using a retention screw but have not had the skill and patience to reproduce it.

ETA: The other possible problem area is that most holders I have seen use some form of clip instead of a belt loop. Easier to take on and off, with out removing the belt but not as secure.
    Last edited by NEPAKevin; 11-06-2015 at 02:28 PM.
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

User Tag List