Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Heckler and Koch trigger return spring tool?

Quote Originally Posted by BaiHu View Post
    So there is hope for my LEM experiment if I get the heavier TRS and this tool? Thanks!
    In that thread Jody referenced, I mentioned that I ditched my "light" LEMs after the second unintentional discharge on a press-out. My guns all have the heavy (square spring stock) TRS now, and I changed them the old-fashioned (i.e., collossal PITA) way. That tool didn't come along until later. I did purchase one, though I haven't had cause to use it yet. Those who have seem to swear by it, which is an encouraging sign.

Quote Originally Posted by LSP972 View Post
    In that thread Jody referenced, I mentioned that I ditched my "light" LEMs after the second unintentional discharge on a press-out. My guns all have the heavy (square spring stock) TRS now, and I changed them the old-fashioned (i.e., collossal PITA) way. That tool didn't come along until later. I did purchase one, though I haven't had cause to use it yet. Those who have seem to swear by it, which is an encouraging sign.

I might just send them to HK for a tune up/check up and let them replace them. Is that going to be insane cost wise?
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

Probably $100 with shipping.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    Probably $100 with shipping.
    Cool. Thanks. Not bad. They need it anyway so I'll call them tomorrow.
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

Quote Originally Posted by BaiHu View Post
    Slight thread de-rail. I'm having a hell of a time with the light V1 LEM, b/c I think the take up is too soft/light. Does the heavier TRS make the 'take up' heavier??
    Sorry to unbolt another road wheel on this train, but I shot a P2000SK lite LEM Saturday back to back with my VP9. I was stunned how light the take up was; I specifically was hoping for a slow, medium weight take up for a CCW trigger to allow me a moments pause as the dude is pulling his cell phone out of his pocket. Kind of like what I remember in the distant past shooting a double action revolver.

It felt like a toy gun; there just wasn't any 'heft' to the thing to give me confidence it would not ND by, say, having pocket lint caught in the trigger guard. It was that light.

I was kinda disappointed to be honest. I decided to wait for the VP9c. Glad to hear there are other heavier options out there, though.

PS: What is the 'TLG' variant?
    Last edited by RJ; 11-01-2015 at 08:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post

PS: What is the 'TLG' variant?
    A combination of heavy TRS, some lighter internal springs (such as the FPB), a standard hammer spring, and a nickel-plated sear spring.

http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-refere...-variants.html
    Last edited by Cincinnatus; 11-01-2015 at 08:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    I shot a P2000SK lite LEM Saturday back to back with my VP9. I was stunned how light the take up was; I specifically was hoping for a slow, medium weight take up for a CCW trigger to allow me a moments pause as the dude is pulling his cell phone out of his pocket.
    But all the top HKPros have light LEM's in their pistols.
    You can tell because of the ultra high resolution images they take of them asking if the microscopic mold line inside the frame is normal or should they call H&K customer service?
    They did shoot 15 FLAWLESS rounds through it though, and at 10' they put most of the shots inside the outline on a B27.
    All due to the magic of the lite LEM.
    Last edited by JodyH; 11-01-2015 at 08:52 PM.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

You can tell because of the ultra high resolution images they take of them asking if the microscopic mold line inside the frame is normal or should they call H&K customer service?
    They did shoot 15 FLAWLESS rounds through it though, and at 10' they put most of the shots inside the outline on a B27.
    thats what i heard, especially the last part.

so question, does the tlg lean more towards a light lem or a medium/standard lem?

Site Supporter
    Don't hate on the "Pro." That's the best place in the world to buy used HK's! Well in some instances its not the best, coloring the letters is pretty damn stupid IMHO.

User Tag List