Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Heckler and Koch trigger return spring tool?

Site Supporter

Heckler and Koch trigger return spring tool?

I have decided that I need to take the plunge and learn how to replace the magical trigger return spring in my P30's. I would like to switch my V1 to a TLG and swap out the TRS to the heavier TRS. Is this tool worth buying? http://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/Trigg...-260p16031.htm

Thanks in advance for the help. I have bookmarked several of the references to changing this magical and frustrating spring.

Quote Originally Posted by Guinnessman View Post
    I have decided that I need to take the plunge and learn how to replace the magical trigger return spring in my P30's. I would like to switch my V1 to a TLG and swap out the TRS to the heavier TRS. Is this tool worth buying? http://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/Trigg...-260p16031.htm

Thanks in advance for the help. I have bookmarked several of the references to changing this magical and frustrating spring.
    I have one and it makes changing the TRS much, much easier.

Site Supporter
    It would be worth it at twice the price.

Worth it. Takes the magic right out of it.

Slight thread de-rail. I'm having a hell of a time with the light V1 LEM, b/c I think the take up is too soft/light. Does the heavier TRS make the 'take up' heavier??
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

Quote Originally Posted by BaiHu View Post
    Slight thread de-rail. I'm having a hell of a time with the light V1 LEM, b/c I think the take up is too soft/light. Does the heavier TRS make the 'take up' heavier??
    What I wrote in another thread:
    I find the "light LEM" to be an all around shitty trigger.
    It basically does away with all the LEM positives and enhances the negatives.
    But hey, it's what all the thumbsucking HKPro's like...
    Basically by using the light TRS you're turning the LEM into a M&P or Glock trigger with a long mushy takeup and a long, slow reset but a decent light break.
    It makes for a decent one shot per second range trigger and feels good in slow dry fire, but sucks to shoot fast and as a threat management trigger.
    and
    LEM spring basics:
    Initial trigger travel "takeup" weight is pretty much all TRS.
    As you near the hammer release you start to compress the FPB spring and mainspring this is the "ramp" and is mostly affected by the TRS and FPB springs with a little mainspring.
    Just before hammer release you have a "wall" which is where you finish compressing the mainspring (which was mostly pre-cocked by the action). This is almost all mainspring with a little TRS/FPB.
    The reset is pretty much all TRS.

The elbow spring and flat spring are in there as well, but they are constants that you can't tweak (although the nickel plated flat spring will smooth things up).
    Last edited by JodyH; 11-01-2015 at 03:47 PM.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    What I wrote in another thread:

and
    Jody,

This is my experience going on 2 years. Does the heavy TRS make the take up less mushy? Meaning is it firm once replaced?

Does the heavy TRS make the take up less mushy? Meaning is it firm once replaced?
    Yes. Makes for a much better "street trigger".

Quote Originally Posted by LSP972 View Post
    Yes. Makes for a much better "street trigger".

So there is hope for my LEM experiment if I get the heavier TRS and this tool? Thanks!

So there is hope for my LEM experiment if I get the heavier TRS and this tool? Thanks!
    I really, really, really like the TLG set up. Great trigger IMO

User Tag List